Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PowerDVD 15 can't play Spectre BluRay
Bellon [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 09, 2016 20:24 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
For some reason my PowerDVD won't play the bluray disc for Spectre.

When will Cyberlink release an update?
stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
[quote=Bellon]For some reason my PowerDVD won't play the bluray disc for Spectre.

[b]When will Cyberlink release an update?[[/b]/quote]

You will have to ask Cyberlink Tech Service about that; no one here has any information about updates.

Is this the only one that doesn't work? Is it clean and free of gunk especially on the sides? .
BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
Anything I post unless stated with a reference is my personal opinion.
TranLe [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 24, 2009 00:13 Messages: 26 Offline
[Post New]
[quote=Bellon]For some reason my PowerDVD won't play the bluray disc for Spectre.

When will Cyberlink release an update?[/quote]

I have just tried my copy of the version UPC:883904346753 Target version and it is working fine.
peter [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 02, 2016 02:41 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
I have the same thing. My brand new HTPC Intel i5-6400 16GB ram, MSI B150M Mortar, LGBH16NS40. Loaded 2015-11-02 Updates PowerDVD 15 to build 2211 . still gives the error "This and other discs include new technology that does not support TrueTheater video enhancements and TrueTheater 3D during playback." Then it gives error "This and otherdiscs include new technology that may not be supported by your computer's graphics processor (GPU) or its driver. Please try and update the driver for your GPU. If the problem persists, please check the GPU system requirements for Blu-ray Disc playback in CyberLink PowerDVD. the link for system requirments...
peter [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 02, 2016 02:41 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Power DVD15 will play Spectre Blu ray on my old PC, but not on my new HTPC. Other Blu ray and DVD will play ok on the new HTPC. Reinstalled PowerDVD15, this is done by upgrade from PowerDVD10 to 12 to 15. Loaded the DVD15 patch. Updated INTEL drivers, MSI MOBO drivers and windows7. Spectre still gives the errors above.