Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
You're right. It's not on DZ even though many other style templates are.

When you check in C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\templates\PowerDirector Content Pack Essential\Styles is the Waltz folder not present?

Cheers - Tony
Hi and-power -

Please see the attached screenshot "Remove Tracker" for what I meant by "Right click on motion track > Remove".

With Motion Tracker you can apply text, media or an effect. Text & media add the text or media object to another track & it can be removed from there. If it's an effect like Spotlight, that can be removed by selecting the clip, go to Effects and uncheck the Spotlight effect.

Cheers - Tony
Hi Bren66 -

It could also be the Waltz template, from your description. See the attached screenshot.

That can be found in Magic Movie, Magic Style or Theme Designer.

Cheers - Tony
Hi Prosie -

I don't think there's any issue.

Obviously, if you select "Off/Spento" there won't be any animation but the opening & closing options work correctly. If you drop some clips in you'll see it better.

Cheers - Tony
Hi Alpine310 -

SVRT simply suggests appropriate profiles as a guide. Obviously, with the range of clips you're using, to produce to a single format/profile something will need to be re-rendered (they're the red bits)

I don't know the details of your recording settings on each camera, but typically you might have:
DJI Mavic Air: MOV 3840x2160 30fps @ 100Mbps
GoPro HD: MP4 1920x1080 59.94fps @ 32Mbps
Sony A6300: MP4 XAVC 3840x2160 24fps @ 100Mbps

If all of that has to be pulled into one video file, a lot of it would need to be re-rendered. A similar timeline to yours is shown in the attached screenshot.

Cheers - Tony
Using differing timelines - Select the assets by select/shift if assets are in sequence, or by select/ctrl if non-sequential, drag them to another time line, lock the remaining timelines, apply the transition of choice to all, unlock and then re-fit the clips to the original.

I'd say, with a lengthy timeline of mixed assets where transitions only need to be applied to images, the suggestion posted by PDR Moderator would be the most efficient.

Cheers - Tony
Innacurate post removed.

DOH! That's two mistakes I've made this year. laughing

Cheers - Tony
Yes - fair enough.

The BCC Video Glitch effect applied on a UHD clip does send GPU usage through the roof (90-100% on GTX680) & CPU is way up there too. Most other Boris FX I've checked seeme to run at about 45-60% GPU, with spikes up to 95 but CPU usage is still high during playback & production. Mine is only a modest system & I wouldn't expect more of it.

And yes - with Video Glitch applied PDR fails consistently when producing to UHD, just as you've stated. Full HD production is no problem.

Have you done that DxDiag report yet?

Cheers - Tony
Hi KingSteven -

In PDR14, those Ease in/out options only apply to Position. PDR15 introduced the same thing to Rotation as well... which perfectly matches your original question because that's what it does. Rotation can begin & end gradually.

Understandable that AVPlayVideo would have thought of that.

Cheers - Tony
Hi Jan -

I can't exactly replicate your issue, because each render was successful. There were no errors or alerts. It just took much longer to render to UHD than Full HD.

I trimmed the original clip - H.264 MP4 3840x2160 @50Mbps - back to 1 minute duration and ran some tests with Boris FX, NewBlue FX & PDR FX.

I don't know why your 4K/UHD rendering is failing. Maybe you should post your DxDiag and someone clever might be able to see a possible cause.

Cheers - Tony
Hi Jan Del Ray -

Which of the Boris FX are you using?

I just did a couple of runs using different Boris FX on a 4:15 UHD clip from my drone, then rendering to MP4 3840x2160/30p (50Mbps).

First I applied BCC Magic Sharp to the whole clip. Playback was acceptable on my PC & rendering completed correctly, even though it was slow.

Next I added another effect - BCC Glitter - to the whole clip. PC struggled with playback on Full HD & rendering took as long a 3 games of online scrabble (almost an hour).

I haven't compared the same process with other PDR effects, but I suspect that performance won't be as badly affected.

Cheers - Tony
Hi Bruce J -

There's a significant difference between using PDR's FB/YT uploader & uploading directly through your FB page or YT channel.

Direct uploads are sent to FB or YT as you produced them. PDR's uploader renders to WMV before uploading. Neither YouTube nor Facebook processing, in my view, does a great job of maintaining PQ, but I always upload directly to my channel or page rather than using PDR's uploader.

For comparison, here's the same short video with a mix of random clips:

Direct upload to Facebook (MP4 1920x1080/30p @ 15Mbps)

Using PDR's FB uploader (WMV 1920x1080/30p @ 12Mbps)

Direct upload to YouTube (MP4 1920x1080/30p @ 15Mbps)

Using PDR's YT uploader (WMV 1920x1080/30p @ 12Mbps)

DirectorZone via PDR's YT uploader (WMV 1920x1080/30p @ 12Mbps)

Original produced file (MP4 1920x1080/30p @ 15Mbps)

Cheers - Tony
Hi DavidB&G -

I’ve never used SolidWorks myself, but (from what I’ve seen & read) you should be able to render an animation from within SolidWorks. Discussion here.

If that’s a possibility, you can use the animation or video within PDR to make your demo video.

PDR, alone, would not be able to generate the kind of 3D rotation you’re after. It can only do 2D rotation.

Cheers - Tony
Hi ArchedEdge -

Agreed - they're very slick & professional looking titles in that Motion Array sampler. Also agree with your earlier statement about stuff on DZ.

Remember that DZ contributors are not, as a rule, graphic artists. Nor are they using software that can do what Ae does! To make those slick, professional & "grown-up" titles you need two things: 1. a good eye & 2. software that matches it. Someone had to create those Ae templates & they were probably paid way more than DirectorZone contributors!!!

Side note about the Motion Array templates. You'd need a $28/mo After Effects plan & (at least) a $24/mo Motion Array plan. Minimum $624/yr investment.

As Nina & Kyle have stated, it's been shown in this thread that PDR is capable of building the "simpler" types of titles shown in the various links.

Cheers - Tony
Hi Will777,

Dimitrios may well be onto the possible cause of the issue.

Some further information would help:

1. What's the source of the photos (camera?)?

2. Are they shot in portrait or landscape mode? What resolution?

3. What's the aspect ratio of your project?

4. What format/profile was used for production?

5. What media player was used for viewing?

6. Is it anything to do with Facebook or YouTube?

If it's a 9:16 video, might it be related to this thread?

Cheers - Tony
Hi dub1985 -

Monday's not far away!

Best thing I can suggest is, if possible, cut your project down into smaller sections - produce each section to your desired output format/profile (all the same)...

Then complile all your produced bits into one new project. Add transitions or whatever else is needed, then produce the whole thing using the same format/profile you used before.

Cheers - Tony
Hi toney32417 -

What The Shadowman & BarryTheCrab have posted is exactly right.

If you use any of the preset motion templates in Magic Motion, PDR will apply them to match your project AR (Aspect Ratio), by default. Any preset template can be modified using Motion Designer.

If your project is 16:9 & your photos are 16:9, that's the only way you'll get an uncropped image but, as Barry said, if you don't have cropping somewhere you'll get NO motion.

That's the point of motion slideshows - to provide the viewer with a focus on different parts of the photos & some movement on screen.

Most of the templates, for me, are a bit extreme in their motion so I rarely use them. I go straight to User Defined > Motion Designer.

Cheers - Tony
Hi PointyHairedBoss -

Yes - you'd need to produce to save the trimmed clips.

2.7K isn't listed as a standard option, but if you click on the + button, it's available in the dropdown. See attached screenshot.

Cheers - Tony
Hi patmoore1946 -

This question has come up before, such as here - https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/62735.page

As Longedge suggests, the simplest thing to do is produce to a standard 16:9 profile, like 1920x1080... knowing that parts of your video will be cropped out.

Cheers - Tony
Hi kmccb -

The reason you can't replicate it is that, in Title Designer, images can only fade in & out. Text can move any way you want... but not images.

How you get around that is putting your image (the centre line) on a separate track as a PiP Object/Video Overlay.

In the example you linked, the centre line expands from the centre and the text simply fades in/out.

Here are three variants of the line. They're made at 6 seconds duration, so set your preferences to that & you won't have to muck around with the keyframes. They're just have slightly different weight (thickness).

Centreline Expand 1
Centreline Expand 2
Centreline Expand 3

Here's a matching title, also made at 6 seconds duration. It can be used in conjunction with any of the lines above.

Centreline Text

Cheers - Tony
Hi chrismorland3703 -

One thing you can do is, once you've come across a DZ user whose templates appeal to you, click on the DZ user's name then Templates.

When you're on the screen showing all the user's templates, click "Select" then check all the templates you want to download. Click the download button and you'll get a .dzl file which can be used to install all those templates into PDR. See the attached screenshot.

As far as I know DZ doesn't have "Packs" as such.

Cheers - Tony
Go to: