Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Help Creating 360 Rotations of 3D Designs
DavidB&G [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 13, 2018 16:19 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Hi All,

Very amateur user here. My company creates solution designed for retail security. I make instructional videos that normally just show a human actually applying the solution (molded plastic) to something else. For example, one of the products is a ring that gets applied to the neck of a liquor bottle.

I don't know how to phrase what I'm looking for, so I'm having a hard time finding it. I'm looking for instruction or a tutorial on how to take a 3D design from an engineering software such as SolidWorks, and apply that to a video so that I can show an animation of the molded plastic part turning and possibly stopping at different points.

Is there a specific term that I should be searching? Is anyone able to point me toward a tutorial or helpful forum answer?

Thank you for your time.

-DavidB&G
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
The 3D animation can be given a green or blue screen backing layer that can be keyed out in PD. Actually any color will work as long as it’s not a color used in your actual animation. It’s also possible an alpha channel background would work but I’m away from my machine and can’t confirm. HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi DavidB&G -

I’ve never used SolidWorks myself, but (from what I’ve seen & read) you should be able to render an animation from within SolidWorks. Discussion here.

If that’s a possibility, you can use the animation or video within PDR to make your demo video.

PDR, alone, would not be able to generate the kind of 3D rotation you’re after. It can only do 2D rotation.

Cheers - Tony

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at May 10. 2018 02:25

Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!