Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Collage Video Designer - Frame setting issue
PROSIE [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 02, 2018 02:48 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Hi all, does anyone experienced this issue:

in Collage Video Designer the frame motion setting seems to works only at the beginning of the theme, it doesn't work at the end of the theme (please see app).

HERE <video controls="controls" width="300" height="150">
<source src="https://www.dropbox.com/s/hdswkh363ajbqlb/Collage%20designer%20issue.wmv?dl=0" />
</video> is a screen rec of the issue I experienced.
[Thumb - Immagine.png]
 Filename
Immagine.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
84 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
8 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at May 16. 2018 07:17

ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Prosie -

I don't think there's any issue.

Obviously, if you select "Off/Spento" there won't be any animation but the opening & closing options work correctly. If you drop some clips in you'll see it better.

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
PROSIE [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 02, 2018 02:48 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Hi Prosie -

I don't think there's any issue.

Obviously, if you select "Off/Spento" there won't be any animation but the opening & closing options work correctly. If you drop some clips in you'll see it better.

Cheers - Tony

Thank you Tony, now I got it.

I was experiencing the issue because, in Collage Video Designer environment, I didn't drag any clip in the frames of the preview window. (have a look at my screen rec)

However, I expect the animation, as in opening option, do work also with closing option when all the frames are empty in the preview window.

Thank you very much again and best regards.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at May 17. 2018 03:20

BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
The Collage Designer needs some attention. It's a great idea but I feel Cyberlink did not go fully into the project and half-finished it. I've even been mulling in my head how to combine collages to get animation in front end and backend but it just seems too much fiddling and perfection is a way off. HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT
JimIowa
Senior Member Location: United States Joined: Mar 03, 2017 21:59 Messages: 161 Offline
[Post New]
Barry,

I have the same thoughts as you. It could be much more full-featured.
Here is a tutorial that puts animation at the beginning and end of the collage. It's rough, but works.

--Jim

SharperTurtle Tutorial List for PowerDirector
[Post New]
Quote Hi all, does anyone experienced this issue:

in Collage Video Designer the frame motion setting seems to works only at the beginning of the theme, it doesn't work at the end of the theme (please see app).

HERE <video controls="controls" width="300" height="150">
<source src="https://www.dropbox.com/s/hdswkh363ajbqlb/Collage%20designer%20issue.wmv?dl=0" />
</video> is a screen rec of the issue I experienced.

This should be a bug...
The preview does not work correctly when animation is set to during closing. Fortunately it works with clips added. ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PowerDirector 365