Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Looks like it's a highly variable issue.

HA options checked or unchecked here makes no difference. Adding borders or shadows makes no difference. PDR version makes no difference. All I get is shaky, nervous motion.

Cheers - Tony
Quote: Is there a way to make my 16:9 PIP objects shared across all aspect ratios?

Yes - it involves switching aspect ratios & saving the template as something else. It's shown in this tutorial.

Quote: When I look in the MyTitles folder Windows shows empty folders.

That's strange. I wonder where your custom templates are being saved. Do a search of your hard drive(s) for "Title_001" (for example). That's what the folders are named as.

Cheers - Tony
Just to confuse the issue, I get the same jerky, nervous motion whether I'm using PDR 14, 15 or 16. I'm glad removing the starting effect had some effect in the northern hemisphere, but it did nothing for me in OZ. undecided

It's the same sort of thing we used to get with PiP motion back in PDR9/10.

Here's a template I made in PDR14 - just keyframed with no start/end effects - https://directorzone.cyberlink.com/detail/176474053
Here's a similar template made in PDR16 - https://directorzone.cyberlink.com/detail/176474054

Do either of those playback smoothly for anyone?

Cheers - Tony
Hi again -

Sorry - I can see the issue you haviong from the screenshots, but I can't replicate it here. The only thing I can think of is that it may be to do with your recording settings. Were you recording with ProTune?

I grabbed some original GoPro Hero Black 6 clips from here:
UHD

and produced them to the same format/profile. Here's a zip of the three produced files from PDR16. There's no darkening or "crushed blacks".

Could you upload a sample file (e.g. the one your screenshots are taken from) to a shared file site? That might help narrow the cause of the problem.

Cheers - Tony
Hi Phoulom -

PDR wouldn't be doing that without some help.

My GoPro is Hero5 Black. When I produce, without any colour enhancement or adjustment, the colours in the produced file are just like the original clip.

What mode were you shooting in?

Here's a partial screenshot from an original GoPro clip (MP4 3840x2160) & the produced file (MP4 3840x2160):

Maybe with some more information, members could assist you better.

Cheers - Tony
Hi herrpedro -

I've only read about spatial audio, also referred to as VR audio. No actual experience.

Here are some articles I've come across:

What is Spatial Audio?

Spatial Sound in Window 10

My understanding is only limited, but enough to say that whatever audio software you're using, or intend to use, PDR16 wouldn't be able to render a file containing the audio you're after.

Cheers - Tony
Hi Luis -

Yes - it's version-specific. You won't find it in PDR15 because it was only introduced in PDR16. Sorry.

Cheers - Tony
For cdb123 & anyone who's confused -

Attached is a PDF with written & visual instructions on removing or modifying text, media & effects applied with Motion Tracker.

Here is a packed PDR15 project which has three examples - text, media (animated gifs - synchronised seagulls) & spotlight effect. You can use it, if you wish, to play around with modifying & removing motion tracker effects.

Cheers - Tony
Hi Tomas -

We may well be saying the same thing here, but I'm not sure.

There are Ease Out/In options for Position, Scale & Rotation. See attached screenshot. Do you mean none were applied for scale in AVPlayVideo's demonstration?

I haven't come up with a one-rule-fits-all answer yet (to avoiding the wibble wobble motion), but if you apply the same "ease" to both position & scale keyframes, it seems to turn out right.

Here's a cut down version of the project for the examples above, if you want to check it out.

Cheers - Tony
Hi Beauregard22 -

The demonstration AVPlayVideo (nice demo AV) made is a good way to do what you're after, with the two clips overlapping on separate tracks. That way, the clip being revealed is already in place. If not, you'd have sections of blank screen.

Geez I wish Ease In/Out could get some attention! See what happened to the motion in AVPlayVideo's example after Ease In/Out was applied?

Cheers - Tony
Hi again -

Quote: so i'm finding that when i mess with color grading in color director, the preview window playback suffers.

That's something I totally agree with you about, having observed the same thing, but I neglected to comment on it before.

To verify, I tested with hardware decoding checked/unchecked in both PDR & CDR (same settings). This time I used 1080p @ 24Mbps clips from Canon XA20, so the higher bitrate wasn't a factor in playback.

In PDR, I bumped contrast, vibrancy & sharpness up to 10. Playback with preview resolution was smooth. In CDR, using the same clips & making the same adjustments, playback stuttered. This occurred whether I was round tripping or working directly in CDR.

I don't agree that this indicates the CDR tools are inferior, mainly because the produced files are visually identical (here) if I match the output format/profile.

But - yes - there's certainly some issue with CDR playback compared with PDR.

Cheers - Tony
Hi Propotter -

I have a Digital Juice account. Any media (video clips, images, graphics, SFX) you download will work in PDR16. No problems.

BUT not all Digital Juice content is compatible with PDR16, as you'd expect. e.g. After Effects projects may contain media you can use, but you won't be able to use the actual project (unless you have Ae).

Cheers - Tony
Hi antiman -

As far as I could understand what you've done, I tried to replicate your steps.

Using a UHD video clip shot on Sony RX10iii - 3840x2160 @ 60Mbps - I:

1. Sent it to CDR (round tripping), applied adjustments then back to PDR for production

2. Applied the same adjustments directly in CDR & produced to the same format/profile as 1. (no PDR involved)

3. Applied the same adjustments directly in PDR & produced to the same format/profile as 1. (no CDR directly involved)

The produced videos, according to MediaInfo, are close to identical & I could detect no visual differences between them played on PC or UHD TV. None of the (much younger) people in the room could spot any differences either.

In answer to your question "Is there a way to make a 'lut' out of the settings and apply it quickly?" No - you can't make a LUT, but you can create a Color Preset in CDR which will then be available in PDR. e.g. Here's the preset I saved in 1. (above) that is now available in CDR & PDR (under Color Presets).

As far as I know/can tell the tools in PDR are not "lesser quality", even though CDR is capable of finer & more complex adjustments.

Maybe I've missed something in what you posted.

Cheers - Tony
Hi Jocelyn -

In the video you linked, the initial 24-600mm zoom was done in-camera & the 600-1200mm zoom was done in post. I have the predecessor to that camera which has the same long zoom, but haven't replicated the same steps here.

Yes you can crop an entire UHD video to FullHD. As Eugene posted, you can also just render to 1080p without cropping. Alternatively, you can apply zoom from the full UHD screen to 25% which gives you 1920x1080.

This is UHD (3840x2160) produced to FullHD (1920x1080): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TcoiIVZC_fE

This is UHD (3840x2160) cropped & produced to FullHD (1920x1080): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PBt5qP63C40

This is UHD (3840x2160) zoomed & produced to FullHD (1920x1080): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gN__vCGebkM

Unlike Hatti, I have no tested with any other NLE.

Cheers - Tony
Quote Try to drag the images directly to the time line.
I do this for videos, photos and music.
I do not know how PD16 behaves for large amounts of files.

I didn't even know you could do that (drag media/folders directly from Windows folders to the timeline) but you can. The downside is that everything lands in the timeline in the same order as the original folder(s).

PDR still applies its 2500 limit in the library, so it doesn't overcome Manilio13's question, so Carl's instruction is the only way to go.

Cheers - Tony
Hi 360vids -

It's your "360vids" nick that makes me ask the first question... Did you create the custom title templates in a 360 project or 16:9? It makes a difference because 360 title templates will not appear in a 16:9 library (if you happened to switch aspect ratios).

Try switching the project aspect ratio between 360 & 16:9 (or whatever else you've used) & see if your custom templates show up.

Second question: when you make your title templates are you clicking "Save As" the giving your template a name?

By default, custom title templates are store at C:\Users\UserName\Documents\CyberLink\PowerDirector\16.0\MyTitles

Cheers - Tony
Hi Ben -

When you select a video and go to Fix/Enhance, does a ColorDirector link appear at the top? If so, clicking on it will send the clip to CDR.

Screenshot attached.

Cheers - Tony
Hi shinobi -

PDR only imports SRT & TXT type subtitles, as far as I can tell.

I have no experience with other formats of subtitles in PDR but, apparently, IDX/SUB can be converted to .SRT format. Many media players can read the IDX/SUB format.

https://www.guidingtech.com/57604/convert-idxsub-dvd-subtitle-srt/

https://github.com/SubtitleEdit/subtitleedit/releases

I couldn't say have effective that is now whether it will work with your RTL fonts, but worth checking out.

Cheers - Tony
Hi Clark -

I'm not sure what you mean. Is your question related to the way the keyframe area in Title Designer can be expanded or closed? That's because you can use multiple tracks.

There's a title template attached with three tracks, all keyframed. In making it, I didn't feel crowded or restricted in any way. You can also grab it from DirectorZone.

There's also attached a screenshot of the Title Designer workspace, with the keyframe areas expanded.

To me, aside from the expansion feature, it's no different from PiP Designer in ease of use... but it's possible I've not understood your point correctly.

Cheers - Tony

P.S. Russell - the forum is a bit hit & miss with attachments. Sometimes it takes a number of attempts. Sometimes it just refuses to do what it's told.
I can't guarantee this will work but you can grab the Waltz template folder here.

Once it's unzipped, drop it in the folder path above. If it shows up in your PDR, well & good. If not, we'll have to explore other possibilities.

Cheers - Tony
You're right. It's not on DZ even though many other style templates are.

When you check in C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\templates\PowerDirector Content Pack Essential\Styles is the Waltz folder not present?

Cheers - Tony
Go to: