Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Video Is High Quality Before I Post to facebook
Bruce J [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 25, 2017 18:22 Messages: 7 Offline
[Post New]
My video is high quality before I post to facebook but on my facebook the video appears fuzzy. What should my settings be to overcome this this and get a clear video after posting. Drivine me nuts.

Thank you.
CLD [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Mar 23, 2007 02:05 Messages: 925 Offline
[Post New]
Hello,

Are you producing it as a file in PowerDirector first and then uploading via a web browser, or are you uploading it straight from PowerDirector in the Online tab of Produce?

If it is the second one, what Profile type did you select? The default profile type is only 180p, so that could be the issue if you didn't change it.

David
Bruce J [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Hello,

Are you producing it as a file in PowerDirector first and then uploading via a web browser, or are you uploading it straight from PowerDirector in the Online tab of Produce?

If it is the second one, what Profile type did you select? The default profile type is only 180p, so that could be the issue if you didn't change it.

David

Thanks for the reply, I am producing it in Power Power Director and then uploading it to facebook from Power Director without changing anything so it must be the default. The result is extreamly disapointing.

David, what do I change it too. There are a bunch of them but I don,t understand them.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at May 09. 2018 18:33

Bruce J [Avatar]
[Post New]

Thanks for the reply, I am producing it in Power Power Director and then uploading it to facebook from Power Director without changing anything so it must be the default. The result is extreamly disapointing.

I agani am using the online tab.
AVPlayVideo
Senior Contributor Location: Home Joined: Apr 06, 2016 19:03 Messages: 703 Offline
[Post New]
See on your Facebook video configuration, you should choose HD, see the image
[Thumb - FACE.jpg]
 Filename
FACE.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
205 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
23 time(s)
XEON-E5-2680 v4 / Mem. 16GB DDR4
M.2 NVME 512Gb / 2-SSD Sata3 1TB
AMD RX570 / Display Philips 272V8
Windows 11_64Pro / PD22/365
Bruce J [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote See on your Facebook video configuration, you should choose HD, see the image

Did not answer my question. Yes I can change my facebook settings but my posts are followed by about 1,000 people and I want the vedieo to be clear for them. Many are probably like I was with my facebook setting. I have watched many vedieos on faceboo and the were nice and clear without changing my facebook settings to HD so what gives. In my miind the format Power Director uses as defaul is not giving me the clarity I want. The Power Diretor settings need to be changed fro my end when I post to what. that is my question.

Thanks.
AVPlayVideo
Senior Contributor Location: Home Joined: Apr 06, 2016 19:03 Messages: 703 Offline
[Post New]
I went through this recent problem, I sent video in FullHD to Facebbok, after being posted it was reduced to small size, I changed the settings and started to send in HD that is the maximum allowed for me.
If I want in FullHD I post video on Youtube and I share in Face. XEON-E5-2680 v4 / Mem. 16GB DDR4
Bruce J [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote I went through this recent problem, I sent video in FullHD to Facebbok, after being posted it was reduced to small size, I changed the settings and started to send in HD that is the maximum allowed for me.
If I want in FullHD I post video on Youtube and I share in Face.

Anothe friend made the same reconmendation will give that a try, One additional question, when you post to youtube do you do it from Power Director of from the vidieo files on your computer?

Thank you.
AVPlayVideo
[Post New]

Anothe friend made the same reconmendation will give that a try, One additional question, when you post to youtube do you do it from Power Director of from the vidieo files on your computer?
Thank you.

Yes I posted on Youtube from PD (previous version) a few times, but I'd rather save to MP4 file and send direct to Youtube. XEON-E5-2680 v4 / Mem. 16GB DDR4
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Bruce J -

There's a significant difference between using PDR's FB/YT uploader & uploading directly through your FB page or YT channel.

Direct uploads are sent to FB or YT as you produced them. PDR's uploader renders to WMV before uploading. Neither YouTube nor Facebook processing, in my view, does a great job of maintaining PQ, but I always upload directly to my channel or page rather than using PDR's uploader.

For comparison, here's the same short video with a mix of random clips:

Direct upload to Facebook (MP4 1920x1080/30p @ 15Mbps)

Using PDR's FB uploader (WMV 1920x1080/30p @ 12Mbps)

Direct upload to YouTube (MP4 1920x1080/30p @ 15Mbps)

Using PDR's YT uploader (WMV 1920x1080/30p @ 12Mbps)

DirectorZone via PDR's YT uploader (WMV 1920x1080/30p @ 12Mbps)

Original produced file (MP4 1920x1080/30p @ 15Mbps)

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!