Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Urgent help needed
dub1985 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 27, 2018 03:27 Messages: 8 Offline
[Post New]
Hello
Im posting for the first time im hoping someone may be able to assist me ive a compilation,
Powerdirector is constantly crashing on me during the production, i have removed the program re installed multiple times.
I then taught maybe it was my graphics card but ive tried multiple drivers and no luck.
I badly need to show this compilation for work on monday.
I have a lenovo B570 laptop 2gb graphics intel card. Windows 7 ultimate, 8gb of ram.
I have removed any programs which i believe may be causing issues here is a copy of the xml dump file

ProductName Value="PowerDirector"/><AppName Value="PDR.exe"/><AppVersion Value="15.0.3424.0"/><VersionName Value="15.0"/><VersionType Value="Ultimate"/><Is64BitOS Value="1"/><OSName Value="Windows 7 Ultimate Build 7601 Service Pack 1"/><GDICount Value="1576"/><VMSize Value="1718 MB"/><RAMSize Value="8106 MB"/><VGAName Value="CyberLink Mirror Driver" DriverVersion="1.0.0.0"/><VGAName Value="Intel(R) HD Graphics" DriverVersion="9.17.10.4101"/><CPUName Value="Intel(R) Pentium(R) CPU B950 @ 2.10GHz"/><ModName Value="msvcrt.dll"/><ModVersion Value="7.0.7600.16385"/><ExceptionCode Value="0xC0000005"/><Offset Value="0x0000000000001188"/><SendLogUrl Value="http://boomerang.cyberlink.com/prog/util/boomerang/sendlog.jsp"/><SessionTime Value="40"/><MTBF Value="40"/><AbnormalTermCount Value="0"/><AppLanguage Value="ENU"/><ForceUpload Value="0"/><ProcessID Value="3432"/><ThreadID Value="5852"/></CrashInformation>

Any help in this would be greatly appreciated
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi dub1985 -

Monday's not far away!

Best thing I can suggest is, if possible, cut your project down into smaller sections - produce each section to your desired output format/profile (all the same)...

Then complile all your produced bits into one new project. Add transitions or whatever else is needed, then produce the whole thing using the same format/profile you used before.

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
dub1985 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Hi dub1985 -

Monday's not far away!

Best thing I can suggest is, if possible, cut your project down into smaller sections - produce each section to your desired output format/profile (all the same)...

Then complile all your produced bits into one new project. Add transitions or whatever else is needed, then produce the whole thing using the same format/profile you used before.

Cheers - Tony

Thanks for the reply Tony
I tried silting the project up into two parts but it only gets 7 or eight minutes into the production and it crashes unfortunately, Im sure its some small conflict that I'll be kicking myself if I ever find out what it is,
I could find nothing in the event log that jumped out at me either.
Hatti
Contributor Location: Bonn, Germany Joined: Feb 21, 2017 15:54 Messages: 576 Offline
[Post New]
Video rendering does utilize a system to the brim. Maybe, it is a temperature problem?
So split your projects into parts, that does not render longer than 5 Minutes or so. Combine the parts with the SVRT technology, if possible.

Hatti Win 10 64, i7-4790k, 32GB Ram, 256 GB SSD, SATA 2TB, SATA 4TB, NVidia GTX1080 8GB, LG 34" 4K Wide, AOC 24" 1080
dub1985 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Video rendering does utilize a system to the brim. Maybe, it is a temperature problem?
So split your projects into parts, that does not render longer than 5 Minutes or so. Combine the parts with the SVRT technology, if possible.

Hatti

Thanks for the reply hatti,
I had a look at the temperature values as it was rendering and still no luck unfortunately, I've been able to make compilations of this size 2hrs before without any hassle, it's a head scratcher. I spilt the project up into two parts and PD 15 is now crashing upon opening the file, I have tried downloading a trial of PD 16 and it seems to work however I cannot produce because i don't posses a licence key, however I cannot figure out why PD15 doesn't want to do its job anymore it has been working great up until now. I also downloaded cc cleaner and scrubbed out any old registry entries which may have been causing problems, again no luck
The Shadowman
Senior Contributor Location: UK Joined: Dec 15, 2014 13:06 Messages: 1831 Offline
[Post New]

Thanks for the reply hatti,
I had a look at the temperature values as it was rendering and still no luck unfortunately, I've been able to make compilations of this size 2hrs before without any hassle, it's a head scratcher. I spilt the project up into two parts and PD 15 is now crashing upon opening the file, I have tried downloading a trial of PD 16 and it seems to work however I cannot produce because i don't posses a licence key, however I cannot figure out why PD15 doesn't want to do its job anymore it has been working great up until now. I also downloaded cc cleaner and scrubbed out any old registry entries which may have been causing problems, again no luck

Hi

Try disabling Hardware Acceleration. EDIT-PREFERENCES-HARDWARE ACCELERATION. Try unticking both options.

Robert Panny TM10, GH2, GH4,
dub1985 [Avatar]
[Post New]

Hi

Try disabling Hardware Acceleration. EDIT-PREFERENCES-HARDWARE ACCELERATION. Try unticking both options.

Robert

Hello robert thanks for the sugguestion,
Ive just tried that unfortunatly No luck, after i disabled it the program would no longer load

Thanks

Ciaran
The Shadowman
Senior Contributor Location: UK Joined: Dec 15, 2014 13:06 Messages: 1831 Offline
[Post New]

Hello robert thanks for the sugguestion,
Ive just tried that unfortunatly No luck, after i disabled it the program would no longer load

Thanks

Ciaran

Hi Ciaran

The only thing I can tell you is your CPU is right down there at the bottom. https://www.cpubenchmark.net/cpu.php?cpu=Intel+Pentium+B950+%40+2.10GHz&id=1094 I think you need much more power to work with HD video.

Sorry

dub1985 [Avatar]
[Post New]

Hi Ciaran

The only thing I can tell you is your CPU is right down there at the bottom. https://www.cpubenchmark.net/cpu.php?cpu=Intel+Pentium+B950+%40+2.10GHz&id=1094 I think you need much more power to work with HD video.

Sorry

Robert

Hya Robert
Yeah Im starting to think a clean OS install and possible another machine will help(as much as I don't want too) , I have had no problem using this until now I might have just got lucky.

I will try any last ditch efforts if anyone has one
The Shadowman
[Post New]

Hya Robert
Yeah Im starting to think a clean OS install and possible another machine will help(as much as I don't want too) , I have had no problem using this until now I might have just got lucky.

I will try any last ditch efforts if anyone has one

I don't see anywhere where somebody has suggested shadow files

Have you tried using shadow files? If not try, but make sure that all of the clips in the media library turn green before you edit.

dub1985 [Avatar]
[Post New]

I don't see anywhere where somebody has suggested shadow files

Have you tried using shadow files? If not try, but make sure that all of the clips in the media library turn green before you edit.

Robert

Thanks Again Robert,
I had shadow files enabled when editing the clips, Since changing video card drivers Cyberlink will now only load project to 85% before crashing.......
The Shadowman
[Post New]

Thanks Again Robert,
I had shadow files enabled when editing the clips, Since changing video card drivers Cyberlink will now only load project to 85% before crashing.......

Check you have enough available space on the HDD you are trying to record to.

dub1985 [Avatar]
[Post New]

Check you have enough available space on the HDD you are trying to record to.

Robert

Hya Robert

Yeah theres enough free space, Im sure its some small setting or program conflict which is causing the issues.

Im really regretting upgrading to PD15 my older PD was nothing fancy but it was dependable,
dub1985 [Avatar]
[Post New]

Hya Robert

Yeah theres enough free space, Im sure its some small setting or program conflict which is causing the issues.

Im really regretting upgrading to PD15 my older PD was nothing fancy but it was dependable,

Hello all i just wanted to let everyone know that i finally got the compilation produced,

I never found out what the issue was i used another PC (i7 older gen, Win 7) which i imported all my settings in documents folder to and ran 2 crashed once and ran again ok then, very strange .....
I just wanted to thank everyone who offered advice.

Thanks
Ciaran