Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Hi santoshputhran -

Thanks for the heads-up about Krita. I like what I've seen so far.

Krita isn't PhotoDirector & neither is trying to be the other. PhD is essentially photo management/adjustment software with some extra options. Krita is a drawing/painting app. They're different.

You'd have figured out already that you can use PhD for the purposes it suits & Krita for the purposes it serves. Easy.

Cheers - Tony
Hi -

Is anyone else experiencing this?

Today, when opening CL Application Manger on my laptop, I get a blank sign-in screen (see attached screenshot). I've uninstalled & reinstalled but I still get the same thing frown Oddly, I don't get the same issue on my desktops.

Anyone got any ideas?

Cheers - Tony
Hi FelixRR -

When you export your photo(s) from the Guided module are you exporting as .png, .jpg or .tif?

JPGs & TIFs will retain the metadata, including GPS, but if you export in .png format it will be lost. PNG has no ability to retain EXIFdata.

Cheers - Tony
Hi All -

No consolation to PDR365 users, but the Rotate Canvas FX is still present in PDR21.0.2721.0

Guess the designers were trying to clean up the space to allow for the mountain of add-in FX in PDR365. undecided Maybe.

Cheers - Tony
Hi again Stephane06 -

Would it be possible to import more than one picture at a time and apply the same effect on all of them before exporting them all together?

Sorry. When I read that I took it as "adjustments" rather than actual "effects", listed under Photo Effects in the Guided module of PhD.

What you've found is correct. In the Adjustment part of PhD, you can mass produce by applying (copying & pasting) adjustments. The same thing doesn't apply to the Guided part, where effects & modifications can only be applied to individual photos.

Cheers - Tony
Hi Stephane06 -

YES. Easy (assuming the same adjustments apply to every photo).

1. Import your photos
  2. Apply adjustment to one photo
  3. Copy the adjustment settings
  4. Apply to all other photos (paste)
  5. Export batch of photos

Cheers - Tony
Hi 1BadDad -

As optodata said, changes you make to your photos in PhD aren't permanent until you export them (& then - only if you choose to overwrite the original file).

Adjustments you make in PhD are all undoable...

1. reset within each part of the Adjustment module

2. reset all adjustments

3, using the undo option (Ctrl+Z)

Could you please pont out the "burn marks" in the photo you attached?

Cheers - Tony
Hi Richard L -

You're right. PhD14/365 doesn't display .ORF files from OM-5 properly. In fact, it can't display them at all... not even a thumbnail.

I'm unable to answer your question about support in future updates, but it's worth asking the question directly to CL Tech Support

Cheers - Tony
Hi Birdhunter -

It seems to be functioning properly here in PhD14.

Are you talking about Content Aware Removal or Content Aware Move (which is also working properly)?

Cheers - Tony
Hi NelsonSimRacing & optodata -

Quote: However, going to those other screens from the Edit button on the splash screen doesn't give you any way to reach the main (O&A) screen at all.

... except by closing PhD which takes you back to the 2-option screen. Yes - I reckon that might cause some confusion.

Quote: I can't find where the regional adjustments have go to since the update?
I can't find where to set the aspect ratio of the picture now...

... if you start up PhD & select the "Organise & Adjust" option, the Regional Adjustment & crop tools are where they were before the update.

Cheers - Tony
G'day again -

First up - an aplogy - I misread your post embarassed - I was going on about the R6 but neglected to read the "Mark II" bit. Silly me. I was wrong.

You're right. CR3s from Canon R6 Mkii don't display properly in PhD14 or PhD365.

I'm currently using Photo Director ver 14.1.1130.0 (64-bit)

Is that right? I've since installed & updated PhD14 & the latest build is 1514.

Cheers & apologies - Tony
Hi TXTalon -

That's strange. I don't have PhD14, but .CR3s from Canon R6 display properly in PhD365. The R6 has been around for a few years.

I agree you should report this to CL. Here is a folder containing some sample files from the R6 (including the ones in the screenshot above).

Could you post a screenshot of how the CR3s display in PhD14?

Cheers - Tony
Hi Cyx -

In PhD, the parent folder displays the total number of photos in that folder (including those in sub-folders & loose in the parent folder). Each sub-folder displays the number of photos in the subfolder (logically).

In the parent folder, Windows shows the total number of items (sub-folders & loose photos).

To me, it all adds up & doesn't cause confusion. Maybe I'm misunderstanding what you've said.

Cheers - Tony
Hi Gerry -

I can confirm what both Jeff & PDM have reported here. With Preferences > HA unchecked, production to H.265 & h.264 is fine. With HA checked in Prefs, I got either (a) audio only files or (b) stalled rendering.

To test further I grabbed original Fuji X-T3 sample clips from Imaging Resource & found exactly the same thing.

In the case of your issue, I found no difference between the 365 version & PDR21 (tested both).

Cheers - Tony
Hi Chris -

.dzp? Well - that would explain why they don't appear in the Titles library! smile

I can't explain how templates uploaded to DZ as titles and displayed as titles on DZ would be downloaded as .dzp files. Typically, .dzp files are Particles or PiP Objects (Video Overlays).

Could you provide a DZ link to one of the "titles" you downloaded as a .dzp file?

That C:\Users\Public\Cyberlink folder I mentioned might be helpful in your investigations.

Cheers - Tony
Hi again -

Odd issue.

Can you try this?

1. Download the attached .dzt file (16:9)
  2. Install it as you normally would
  3. Make sure PDR'S project Aspect Ratio is set to 16:9
  4. After confirmation, check to see whether it shows up in PDR > Titles > Downloaded
  5. Go to C:\Users\Public\Cyberlink\Downloaded Titles and open the last folder in the list called "titlexxx". Is that the template you just installed?

Another question... Do you have the same issue with other templates? or only titles?

Cheers - Tony
Hi Chrissyc -

When you download title templates from DirectorZone, they should appear under the Downloaded tab in the Title room of PDR.

I've just tested a few and they consistently appear correctly.

One example: I downloaded & installed this template. After opening the .dzt file the confirmation displayed.

When I opened the Title room & looked under Downloaded, there it was.

Are you downloading from within PDR (click Free Templates) or via your browser?

Cheers - Tony
Hi optodata -

You are correct. I'm sorry for describing the problem wrongly.

The issue only occurs in the Edit module. Cropping in Adjustment works as expected

Cheers - Tony
G'day Kentucky Ranger -

You're right. I've just checked cropping behaviour in the Edit module in PhD365 & PhD13. With aspect ratio unlocked, the current build of PhD365 snaps all over the place, where PhD13 cropping actions are predictable & as expected. Same thing occurs in Adjustment too. (Incorrect)

I'm sure the people at CL are onto it, or will be soon!

Cheers - Tony
Hi -

I don't think so... well - not according to this FAQ.

Cheers - Tony
G'day Ray -

I had a hunt on DZ to see whether that psychedelic oil slick overlay was there, but had no luck... I tried to find a way of creating a custom overlay in PhD, but had no luck.

So I did a "naughty" thing surprised I'm not suggesting you should do the same, but it may give you the result you're after.

Here are the steps I took:

1. Google image search for "oil slick pattern"

2. Select some and save as

3. Locate folder containing overlay effects at C:\Program Files\CyberLink\PhotoDirector14\PhotoDirector presets\Overlay

4. Crop (square) & resize oil slick images (1024x1024) to match images in "Grunge" subfolder

5. Make backup copy of Grunge subfolder (in case of error or regret)

6. Rename oil slick images to "01_grunge_multiply.jpg" etc to match images in Grunge folder

7. Replace (some) images in Grunge folder (5)

8. Open PhD & Voila!

I've attached 3 of the images I used, but they may not suit what you want.

Cheers - Tony
Go to: