Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Cropping Is Broken!
[Post New]
I use cropping A LOT!
Since the last update, I can no longer crop any images, with the cropping tool.
Why? Because the crop windo keeps snapping, even with crop snapping turned off!
Please watch the video, and you'll see what I'm talking about.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 30. 2023 21:02

ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
G'day Kentucky Ranger -

You're right. I've just checked cropping behaviour in the Edit module in PhD365 & PhD13. With aspect ratio unlocked, the current build of PhD365 snaps all over the place, where PhD13 cropping actions are predictable & as expected. Same thing occurs in Adjustment too. (Incorrect)

I'm sure the people at CL are onto it, or will be soon!

Cheers - Tony

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Feb 01. 2023 14:34

Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Hmm, I see things a little differently. I agree that in the Edit module, unlocking the AR and changing the crop rectangle will always cause PD to completely fill one side of the image, even if you draw the box to be much smaller. This is a big problem and someone should report this to CL.

However, when I use the Crop tool in the Adjustment module, everything works normally when I unlock the AR. So for me, using the Adjustment tool still works normally even though it looks like Tony is seeing the same problem there as well.

Here's a quick video showing what I'm seeing with PhD365 (version 14.1.1130)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 30. 2023 22:02

[Post New]
Quote Hmm, I see things a little differently. I agree that in the Edit module, unlocking the AR and changing the crop rectangle will always cause PD to completely fill one side of the image, even if you draw the box to be much smaller. This is a big problem and someone should report this to CL.

However, when I use the Crop tool in the Adjustment module, everything works normally when I unlock the AR. So for me, using the Adjustment tool still works normally even though it looks like Tony is seeing the same problem there as well.

Here's a quick video showing what I'm seeing with PhD365 (version 14.1.1130)

Thanks so much! Until this get's fixed, I can now use the crop function agian.
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
I have reported the issue to CL on ticket # CS002606714
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi optodata -

You are correct. I'm sorry for describing the problem wrongly.

The issue only occurs in the Edit module. Cropping in Adjustment works as expected

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
optodata
[Post New]
Tony it was your post that pointed out there was another cropping tool available, and that's thankfully the workaround until CL patches the bug đź‘Ť
Forum Moderator [Avatar]
Contributor Joined: Feb 27, 2018 01:01 Messages: 578 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

Thanks for reporting. CyberLink has issued a hotfix:

https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/118374.page

Cheers
PhotoDirector Moderator

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Feb 03. 2023 04:40

Please direct any sales or technical issues to CyberLink's customer support team:

Sales or installation related issues:
https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/customer-services.do

Software technical issues:
https://membership.cyberlink.com/sup
optodata
[Post New]
They provided the same instructions and file to my support request, and after putting the new file in service I'm happy to say that the Edit module crop tool is working properly again