Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Processing multiple pictures (multiple import/export - Batch)
Stephane06 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 27, 2023 16:54 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
Hello,

Im willing to buy this product which does exactly what i want except a thing which is really important to me since i regularly have multiple pictures to process.

Would it be possible to import more than one picture at a time and apply the same effect on all of them before exporting them all together?
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Stephane06 -

YES. Easy (assuming the same adjustments apply to every photo).

1. Import your photos
  2. Apply adjustment to one photo
  3. Copy the adjustment settings
  4. Apply to all other photos (paste)
  5. Export batch of photos

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
Stephane06 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Hi Stephane06 -

YES. Easy (assuming the same adjustments apply to every photo).

1. Import your photos
  2. Apply adjustment to one photo
  3. Copy the adjustment settings
  4. Apply to all other photos (paste)
  5. Export batch of photos

Cheers - Tony

Thanks for your answer
That might not be in the free trial then because i really can't import multiple files, here is what i do

Only one image seems to be imported, no matter how many pics i select
Thats maybe in the paid version which i would take if the possibility is present

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 27. 2023 18:50

Forum Moderator [Avatar]
Contributor Joined: Feb 27, 2018 01:01 Messages: 578 Offline
[Post New]
Hello,

In your screenshot, you are in the Guided module, which allows for the import of one photo from a folder, library, etc. at a time. Go to the Library module first to import multiple photos in a folder first.

Cheers
PhotoDirector Moderator Please direct any sales or technical issues to CyberLink's customer support team:

Sales or installation related issues:
https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/customer-services.do

Software technical issues:
https://membership.cyberlink.com/sup
Stephane06 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Hello,

In your screenshot, you are in the Guided module, which allows for the import of one photo from a folder, library, etc. at a time. Go to the Library module first to import multiple photos in a folder first.

Cheers
PhotoDirector Moderator

Thanks again, I just realized my mistake as the main menu gives 2 paths. It seems that what I'm asking is impossible because I would have liked the cartoon effects to be able to be processed over multiple images from one file in a sort of queue, but it seems that this is not an option.
It is possible to change the tone, hue, saturation, ect ect on multiple imported pics but it does seems that is not possible for applying effects such as Cartoons ones which is done through the Guided tab only which accepts to process only one at a time.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Apr 28. 2023 05:22

ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi again Stephane06 -

Would it be possible to import more than one picture at a time and apply the same effect on all of them before exporting them all together?

Sorry. When I read that I took it as "adjustments" rather than actual "effects", listed under Photo Effects in the Guided module of PhD.

What you've found is correct. In the Adjustment part of PhD, you can mass produce by applying (copying & pasting) adjustments. The same thing doesn't apply to the Guided part, where effects & modifications can only be applied to individual photos.

Cheers - Tony

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 29. 2023 13:42

Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!