Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Really confused and need some help with PD 365 please
1BadDad [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 26, 2023 00:55 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
So I was touching up a Jpeg photo yesterday attempting to bring out the vibrance. I have absolutely no idea what I did. Once I was done making the engancments, I noticed what appears to be a burn in the image on the neck. I've tried to go backwards and undo everything that I moved, changed or applied. I am a little upset that midway through trying to fix whatever happened, PD locked up on me and I couldn't save or back anything up. I shut my system down and restarted PD. When I got back into it, the history was blank ! Is there anyone thats comfortable enough with PD to fix this for me, if not maybe tell me how to? I've tried heal/clone, I have tried the content move and content heal and even tried the smart patch. Right about now I am ready to thow my computer out the window out frustration......
[Thumb - Hulst new.jpg]
 Filename
Hulst new.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
JPEG image I am trying to fix
 Filesize
465 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
15 time(s)
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
First of all, PhD never does anything to your original (source) media, so nothing has changed at all with the original image.

You may be able to recover an earlier version of the database file (.phd) especially if it's saved in a OneDrive folder. You can locate the file in File Exlporer, then with PhD closed, right-click on the file and choose Version History then select an ealrier version to download.

Then try opening PhD again and see if you have a version with your earlier edits intact.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Apr 24. 2023 16:09

ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi 1BadDad -

As optodata said, changes you make to your photos in PhD aren't permanent until you export them (& then - only if you choose to overwrite the original file).

Adjustments you make in PhD are all undoable...

1. reset within each part of the Adjustment module

2. reset all adjustments

3, using the undo option (Ctrl+Z)

Could you please pont out the "burn marks" in the photo you attached?

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!