Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Where have the regional adjustments gone?
NelsonSimRacing [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 22, 2023 21:17 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I can't find where the regional adjustments have go to since the update?
I can't find where to set the aspect ratio of the picture now...
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
It's now under My Edit in the Guided section.

Take a look at these new tutorials for V14. Specifically My Edit - How to Crop, Flip and Rotate

You can also do that in one of the original ways from the Expert menu:

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Apr 14. 2023 18:27

optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
I should clarify that for reasons only known to Cyberlink, the My Edit tutorials seem to refer to the section of PhD that are accessed by the Organize and Adjust button, while clicking on the Edit icon takes you to the Guided and Expert screens

I'm just playing around and trying to find where things are too, and I noticed that if you click on Organize and Adjust, you actually get a box at the top right that lets you access the Guided or Expert screens. There's also a Back button at the top left that will return you to the original area.

However, going to those other screens from the Edit button on the splash screen doesn't give you any way to reach the main (O&A) screen at all. This doesn't seem like it was a fully thought-out idea, or maybe it's just a problem with the way it's been implemented

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Apr 14. 2023 18:44

ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi NelsonSimRacing & optodata -

Quote: However, going to those other screens from the Edit button on the splash screen doesn't give you any way to reach the main (O&A) screen at all.

... except by closing PhD which takes you back to the 2-option screen. Yes - I reckon that might cause some confusion.

Quote: I can't find where the regional adjustments have go to since the update?
I can't find where to set the aspect ratio of the picture now...

... if you start up PhD & select the "Organise & Adjust" option, the Regional Adjustment & crop tools are where they were before the update.

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
QC2.0 [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Apr 27, 2016 04:02 Messages: 610 Offline
[Post New]
I found these FAQs are useful for the new changes:
https://www.cyberlink.com/support/faq-content.do?id=27679
https://www.cyberlink.com/support/faq-content.do?id=27678
https://www.cyberlink.com/support/faq-content.do?id=27680

fyi