Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Loosing MetaData / EXIF after Guided Edit
FelixRR [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 27, 2019 11:11 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,
I'm using PhotoDirector 360(Ver 14.5)
With this version option of creation of virtual picture as part of the Guided edit was lost and with that I found the only option is to create a copy after doing Guided Edit.
This process removes all of my original MetaData. So loosing all GPS and even time and date.
I found no way to force the copy of the metadata from the original.

Is there any better way? I find the new version way less convenient - what was the idea behind this separation between adjustment and Edit?
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi FelixRR -

When you export your photo(s) from the Guided module are you exporting as .png, .jpg or .tif?

JPGs & TIFs will retain the metadata, including GPS, but if you export in .png format it will be lost. PNG has no ability to retain EXIFdata.

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!