Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Downloads not appearing in Powerdirector
Chrissyc [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 08, 2012 06:12 Messages: 29 Offline
[Post New]
I have downloaded several title templates from Directorzone for my Powerdirector 365, but they are not appearing anywhere in the software. I've open and closed both the program and my computer several times, and I have ticked the 'unblock' box in the properties of the file in my download folder in file explorer. I have also double ticked that same file - which says it is available in PD (but it isnt!)
I'd be grateful if anyone has had the same problem and can help me please.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 23. 2023 13:20

ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Chrissyc -

When you download title templates from DirectorZone, they should appear under the Downloaded tab in the Title room of PDR.

I've just tested a few and they consistently appear correctly.

One example: I downloaded & installed this template. After opening the .dzt file the confirmation displayed.

When I opened the Title room & looked under Downloaded, there it was.

Are you downloading from within PDR (click Free Templates) or via your browser?

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
Chrissyc [Avatar]
[Post New]
Many thanks for you reply Tony, yes I'm dowloading from within PDR
And yes in the past, (but not recently) templates I've downloaded have worked exactly as you have described. Unfortunately it's not working now though, the template is not appearing in PDR, despite receiving the same confirmation that you have.

Quote Hi Chrissyc -

When you download title templates from DirectorZone, they should appear under the Downloaded tab in the Title room of PDR.

I've just tested a few and they consistently appear correctly.

One example: I downloaded & installed this template. After opening the .dzt file the confirmation displayed.

When I opened the Title room & looked under Downloaded, there it was.

Are you downloading from within PDR (click Free Templates) or via your browser?

Cheers - Tony
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Many thanks for you reply Tony, yes I'm dowloading from within PDR
And yes in the past, (but not recently) templates I've downloaded have worked exactly as you have described. Unfortunately it's not working now though, the template is not appearing in PDR, despite receiving the same confirmation that you have.

What aspect ratio is your project set at and what was the listed aspect ratio of your downloaded title template?

Jeff
Chrissyc [Avatar]
[Post New]
Both 16:9, but I don't believe that would make a difference - surely you can dowload all size of templates, and then use in the same size project.

Many thanks.

What aspect ratio is your project set at and what was the listed aspect ratio of your downloaded title template?

Jeff
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Both 16:9, but I don't believe that would make a difference - surely you can dowload all size of templates, and then use in the same size project.
Nope.

Jeff
Chrissyc [Avatar]
[Post New]
I've just tried again - making sure the template and my project are 16:9, but to no avail I'm afraid, but thanks for your suggestion.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 23. 2023 21:13

ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi again -

Odd issue.

Can you try this?

1. Download the attached .dzt file (16:9)
  2. Install it as you normally would
  3. Make sure PDR'S project Aspect Ratio is set to 16:9
  4. After confirmation, check to see whether it shows up in PDR > Titles > Downloaded
  5. Go to C:\Users\Public\Cyberlink\Downloaded Titles and open the last folder in the list called "titlexxx". Is that the template you just installed?

Another question... Do you have the same issue with other templates? or only titles?

Cheers - Tony
 Filename
-1412921538-1485723244572.dzt
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
12 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
93 time(s)

Chrissyc [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thank you Tony

I hadn't checked before, but the title templates I downloaded were in fact dzp files and not dzt files!
Consequently they had installed themselves into the PiP room and not the titles room
(they were under the 'titles' category in Director Zone)

I've tried downloading a transition - and although it did download into the correct room, it only appears in the 'all content' folder of the transition room - it's not showing in the 'downloaded' folder.

And I've downloaded a particle effect - but I've yet to find that!!

So it seems I am able to download from Director Zone, but they are not installing themselves where I expect them to be in PDR!

I need to do some more experimenting to establish a pattern of the different file types and where they put themselves in my PDR. Maybe I can then workout whether it's a problem with my software or user error!

Many thnks for your help.
Chris

Quote Hi again -

Odd issue

Can you try this

1. Download the attached .dzt file (16:9)
  2. Install it as you normally would
  3. Make sure PDR'S project Aspect Ratio is set to 16:9
  4. After confirmation, check to see whether it shows up in PDR > Titles > Downloaded
  5. Go to C:\Users\Public\Cyberlink\Downloaded Titles and open the last folder in the list called "titlexxx". Is that the template you just installed?

Another question... Do you have the same issue with other templates? or only titles?

Cheers - Tony
ynotfish
[Post New]
Hi Chris -

.dzp? Well - that would explain why they don't appear in the Titles library! smile

I can't explain how templates uploaded to DZ as titles and displayed as titles on DZ would be downloaded as .dzp files. Typically, .dzp files are Particles or PiP Objects (Video Overlays).

Could you provide a DZ link to one of the "titles" you downloaded as a .dzp file?

That C:\Users\Public\Cyberlink folder I mentioned might be helpful in your investigations.

Cheers - Tony