Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Just contact Cyberlink's customer service. Only they can help you with this;

https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/customer-services.do

Dave
What exactly is popping up while you are playing a video? Take a screenshot and share it here so we can help you better.

Dave
Interesting. First time I have seen someone "complaining" that they DON"T have black bars.

You're mixing up resolution and aspect ratio. 2560x1440 and 1920x1080 are both 16:9 aspect ratios. You must be thinking that 4K resolutions are all 21:9, but they are not. Here is a list of 21:9 resolutions:

21:9 aspect ratio: 2560×1080, 3440×1440, 5120×2160

Check here for more information: https://www.displayninja.com/what-is-aspect-ratio/

Dave
This issue is usually caused by BD components not being loaded properly. Try reinstalling PowerDVD 17 or updating Windows. If that doesn't work, check that PowerDVD is added to your antivirus/firewall exclusion list.

Dave
Sounds like there is a problem in the file. I suggest that you download Handbrake and render it in another format. That might help.

Dave
You mean and a discounted price. No, it looks like you can't. You must pay the full price or wait for a good sale.

Dave
I want to put multiple finished home movies on a DVD or a Blu-Ray disk. Yes, I am aware of the size limitations of both, but some of these home movies aren't that long. So, I know I can put more than one on a disk.

Specific example - if I want to put 6 different videos on a disk, will Power2Go enable me to create menu buttons on the opening page for each one of those videos so that viewers can click one of those buttons and go to a specific video?

I'm ready to purchase the latest version of Power2Go, and any other of CyberLink's software needed for me to meet this need.

Yes, Power2Go 13 can do this. Why don't you try the trial version first to see if it fits your needs: https://www.cyberlink.com/downloads/trials/power2go-platinum/download_en_US.html

Note that a few file formats are not supported in this version, but it should give you a good idea of its capabilities.

Dave
  • If I bought PowerDirector for my Google Android phone, can I put it on a tablet too or do I have to buy it on each Android device?

• From what I know, if you are using the same Google account on both the smart phone and the tablet, you don't need to pay twice. You can use the same on both.

Dave
    Quote Hi

I have seen it some months ago saying there was an upgrade to PhotoDirector (9 to 10) so it has worked before. I have in the last month done a clean install of Windows 10 with the latest "May 2019/1903" version and maybe there is something going on there?

If anyone reading this has any Cyberlink software installed (like PowerDirector 16) that isn't at the latest version, could you please check if your notification shows an upgrade or not. And if you have the latest Win 10 version I'd like to know also.

Thank You.

I have 1903 update installed and PowerDirector 16, and get content in the Upgrade Info section. See the attached image. When I click it, it takes me to a page where I could get the same discount as you can if you go through the PowerDirector page. I think Optodata's advice is the best (as per usual) if you are looking for an upgrade price.

So it is not a Windows issue. Could it be your firewall blocking content or did you deselect the check for software updates option in General preferences?

Dave
    Which version and edition of YouCam are you using? YouCam 8 Deluxe, Essential? You didn't provide the requested information so it is a llittle hard to help.

You can also check this FAQ: https://www.cyberlink.com/support/product-faq-content.do?id=11996&prodId=125&prodVerId=-1&CategoryId=-1&keyword=face

Dave
    Quote Is this happening on just PowerDVD18? Cause I have the patch, it worked fine but then months later it stopped playing anything on PowerDVD18. Anything on vimeo is playable but nothing from youtube.

Same with Power2Go 11. (nothing is transferrable on that program anymore.)

Will we need to update to the newest edition in order to get back the feature to play stuff on youtube through this player or will it happen on PowerDVD19 also?

This happens because YouTube changes the API (on purpose to prevent embedded playback) and happens in all versions periodically.

There is already a beta patch that can be installed to fix it: https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/79184.page

Dave
    Quote I have a 1920x1080 ProRes422HQ 5.1 Audio file that is 51GB and 1hr and 33min long.

I'm using a 50GB DL disc.

Quite simply I think the issue here is that Power2Go 12 does not support the ProRes codec. I didn't think it was supported yet for PowerDirector, but if it is working...

I'm sure your refund will be processed soon. Just tell them to focus on that, not on a file that is not supported.

Dave
    Is it possible that another program is using your webcam? That might cause this. Try rebooting and then launching Screen Recorder to see if that fixes it by freeing up the webcam.

If that doesn't work, best to contact the Cyberlink support: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/service/technical-support.do

Dave
    Yes, this should be fine. As long as you uninstall the version on the old machine once you get the new one.

Dave
    Can you take a screenshot and share here. Not sure exactly what you mean by "the times".

Dave
    Screen Recorder 4 has that setting as well, but it is a little more advanced. Just above the big "REC" button you will see three options. The first one is for the webcam...click the down arrow besize the webcam icon where it will take you to Webcam preferences, where you can hopefuly configure your settings and see your cam.

Dave
    Surely you can, but you have to connect one monitor directly to your video card, i.e. not use a docking station. The connection needs to be closed and secure to play protected DRM content according to the Blu-ray Association content protection specs.

Docking stations might claim to be HDCP compatible, but the compatibility is not very trustworthy and the hardware quality is varied.

Dave

EDIT: Actually problem might be DVD player (VLC on my computer). Somebody suggested de-interlacing option with "bob" and quality looks better. I will have to try the DVD on other devices also.

If you are playing the video on your computer, why the heck would you downgrade HD video from a GoPro to a video format that is over 20 years old? Just produce it has a file and put it on a USB flash drive or something.

Dave
    I just tested and it worked for me. Is it possible that you haven't set up your YouTube account for live streaming. I selected the wrong account at first in my test and received the attached screen shot. If not set up, nothing happens after trying to log in.

Dave
    Bonjour,

You can download the PowerDVD 19 Essential version here for free:

https://fr.cyberlink.com/downloads/trials/powerdvd-ultra/download_en_US.html

Dave
    Hi. I've never heard of this in the older versions of PowerDVD. Why can't you just click the 3D button to disable 3D playback? Or are you saying it is not clicked?

If you saying that the 3D button is not clicked (i.e. disabled) then you should check your video driver. Updating it might be the best option.

Dave
    Go to: