Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Hi. I've never heard of this in the older versions of PowerDVD. Why can't you just click the 3D button to disable 3D playback? Or are you saying it is not clicked?

If you saying that the 3D button is not clicked (i.e. disabled) then you should check your video driver. Updating it might be the best option.

Dave
Well you don't answer all the questions we asked, which could help us answer your question. Windows handles burning like a black box for novice users need, so nobody knows its internal configurations and how it handles it.

Try changing the File system to 2.5 and burn the disc again. That is my default in Power2Go 12 where all my data files always burn without issue.

Dave
That's a good question by sumerJ. It is a little odd that your text file has a "GED" extension. Also, which "File system" are you using in the burning Options tab? Changing the file system could make the difference.

Dave
Hi Robert,

I realized I had not updated to the latest version of PowerDVD, but after updating I can still select PowerDVD 18 as my default player.

Did you update from a previous version, or did you buy PowerDVD 18 version on it's own? I remember there was an issue previously that the update version was not showing up as a default player. If yes to update version, best to contact technical support:

https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/service/technical-support.do

Dave
Can you share screenshots of what you are referring to? You are not being very specific. It is a data DVD disc you are burning? Once burned, the file on the disc is underlined when viewed in Window Explorer, so it is being treated as a URL? And HTML files are also underlined?

More information would be helpful so we can try and duplicate the issue and then help report it to CL CS for fixing.

Dave
Hi Robert,
What have you tried?

Did you try these steps:

Step 1: Open Start menu, click Settings icon to open Settings app.
Step 2: Click System (Display, notifications, apps, power).
Step 3: Click Default apps or search for "Default" and you should see "Default app settings".
Step 4: Go down to video player, click on current default player and then select PowerDVD 18 from the list.

This works for me. Let me know if that helps.
Dave
[quotePostId=325446]May 7, 2019: Please provide a fix for PowerDVD 19. I just purchased brand new PowerDVD 19 and am very dissapointed because it is defective. Power DVD will not play or pin any YouTube ***music videos*** (although it will play other YouTube videos). Why is CyberLink selling a product whose advertised features do not work??? Please fix![/quotePostId]

VEVO videos (which are the ones that usually become unplayable because of the lack of advertising) are working for me as well in PowerDVD 19. I checked just now. What video were you trying to play?

Dave
Not currently, no. Files are outputtied in the MP4 video format with one AAC (stereo) audio stream.

Dave
Oh, that's because you are in TV mode. I was in PC mode, which has more features and controls. Glad to know the hotkey works. I am sure that is easier anyway.

Dave
Right click on the video during playback and then select "Repeat". You can choose current video or all videos in the folder. The hotkey is Ctrl+R.

Dave
Hi. If you mean create a slideshow video that you can burn to a DVD video disc, then no. If you create the slideshow video some where else, you can then import the video and burn a DVD video disc that will play on a DVD player.

You could try downloading the MediaShow trial and create a slideshow videi with that. I am not sure if it will have a watermark or not: https://www.cyberlink.com/downloads/trials/mediashow/download_en_US.html

Dave
I don't have the same problems with PowerDVD 19. My HDMI audio output settings are normal. So there must be an issue with your audio card or PC. Especially when "Stereo" is not a possible output selection for HDMI according to the help:

https://help.cyberlink.com/stat/help/powerdvd/19/pc-mode/enu/11_02_02_more_audio_settings.htm

So I suggest updating your HDMI audio drivers or contact CS support.

Dave

If the claim is true, what do they mean exactly when they say I can use it with streaming content?

I actually found this older FAQ of how PowerDVD streams. It is all on a local network:

https://www.cyberlink.com/support/product-faq-content.do?id=14029&prodId=1&prodVerId=-1&CategoryId=-1&keyword=stream

Netflix really changed the meaning of it since then.
The questions are not stupid, as this digital content stuff takes lots of brain effort to wrap your mind around.

The streaming that PowerDVD can do is local digital media content (photos, videos, audio files) that is on your PC to another player, such as a TV (if is supports DLNA steaming) or on another computer that is on the same network. Or from another media server. It is an older technology and is for streaming on a local network. PowerDVD can also cast this media to Apple TVs, Roku player, etc. It is all about the digital media files on your computer.

Amazon and Netflix content is different and is streamed via a web browser or apps they create for other devices, like PS4 and smart TVs. I doubt they would want to embed their app inside PowerDVD. If you log in to Netflix, I am assuming you mean in your browser, then you play the content in your browser. This is what I do at lunch when I am at work.

The reason PowerDVD can't play your rented iTunes movie is because of Apple's own digital rights management. It wants you to play it on their players (iPhone, IMac, iPad, Apple TV) and don't allow it to be played on another app.

Dave
PowerDVD doesn't support streaming from Amazon or Netflix, or the playback of movies rented from iTunes. You'll need to connect your computer or device to your TV directly. That's how I use to do it before I got an Apple TV.

Dave
Changing the DVD drive region code is done in Windows, not in PowerDVD. Right-click on your drive in Windows Explorer and then select Properties. Click on the Hardware tab, find/click on the drive type "DVD/CD" and then click Properties again. You should find the DVD Region tab where you can change the region.

Just note that you can only change it a limited number of times. You will see your remaining changes on that tab.

Dave

P.S. I have Windows 10, so if you don't, the procedure to find the DVD region tab might be slightly different.
What operating system are you running it on? Windows 10? PowerDVD 9.6 wouldn't run or update correctly if installed on Windows 10. You could also try updating your drive's firmware and of course your GPU driver, see if that makes a difference. Or go through this thread and try what helped other users:

https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/11743.page

Also, I believe Dell ended it's support for playing the latest Blu-rays about 5 or so years ago. So if you want to play a newer BD, you'll have to upgrade.

Dave
This is usually controlled by the disc title, not the software. So please answer these questions outlined here, except the last one:

https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/9866.page#post_box_43204

Though, you should add which mode you are playing the disc in.

Dave
No, you can't. That is something you can do in Screen Recorder though. It is designed for live streaming and includes many features like the one you requested:

https://www.cyberlink.com/products/screen-recorder/features_en_US.html

Dave
First I would suggest updating your GPU driver to ensure you have the latest version.

Second, for the scaling issue try this:

1. Right click on the Powerdvd 18 desktop icon and then select Properties.
2. Click on the Compatibility tab.
3. Click "Change high DPI settings", and then select the "Override high DPI setting: Application" option.
4. Restart PowerDVD and then check the results.

Dave
You need to contact CyberLink Customer Service to receive a new download:

https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/customer-services.do

Dave
Go to: