Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PDVD13 trying to force 3D mode and fails
Sievers [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 10, 2019 23:25 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
I don't have a 3D display, BD drive, or any 3D blu-ray discs. I've never messed with the 3d settings before and PDVD has usually worked fine for any BDs I have. Suddenly, some movies get forced by PDVD into 3D mode and the player crashes to an error that flashes up for half a second saying something like "Could not enable 3D playback" but I *never told it to play in 3D!*

How can I disable 3D playback altogether to try and get around this nonsense?
Jets2011
Senior Contributor Location: Canada Joined: Sep 29, 2006 05:26 Messages: 760 Offline
[Post New]
Hi. I've never heard of this in the older versions of PowerDVD. Why can't you just click the 3D button to disable 3D playback? Or are you saying it is not clicked?

If you saying that the 3D button is not clicked (i.e. disabled) then you should check your video driver. Updating it might be the best option.

Dave
Sievers [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 10, 2019 23:25 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
I'm not sure what 3D button you're talking about. There is a button that says 3D at the bottom, but there's no way to tell if it's on or off. It just changes shape and there's no hover tool tip or anything. Despite that I tried playing movies with the button set both ways and it made no difference.