Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Webcam Black in Screen Recorder 4
HisServant77 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 15, 2015 15:59 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
Hi everyone,

I recently bought Screen Recorder 4 so that I could have some decent screen recording software using some background replacement.

However, despite selecting my webcam (Logitech C925e), it always shows as black rather than actually showing the picture! The camera is working correctly, as it shows fine in PowerDirector 17. I cannot for the life of me figure out what may be the issue. I also cannot find other threads that have had the same issue. There is a similar thread which speaks of Screen Recorder 3, but there is a setting I do not have in Screen Recorder 4, "Webcam yes or no" above the microphone options as well.

Is anyone able to help me with this rather ... important issue? I upgraded to Screen Recorder 4, for the sole reason of using some Chroma Key replacement. But if it refuses to show the camera's view at all...it negates the whole program.

I appreciate any and all help with this!
Jets2011
Senior Contributor Location: Canada Joined: Sep 29, 2006 05:26 Messages: 760 Offline
[Post New]
Screen Recorder 4 has that setting as well, but it is a little more advanced. Just above the big "REC" button you will see three options. The first one is for the webcam...click the down arrow besize the webcam icon where it will take you to Webcam preferences, where you can hopefuly configure your settings and see your cam.

Dave
HisServant77 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi Dave,

Thank you so much for your reply!
Unfortunately, even after going into the specific webcam settings to select my webcam (also where you can select the chroma details), and then even selecting to show my camera in the main screen recorder section (First box above the REC button), the screen is black for my camera.

In the first box above the REC button, when I don't select the camera it is simply gray. Selecting it to show my camera, shows black. That is how I noticed it first. Then in the webcam settings when I attempt to set the chroma filtering you need to select a color. To do that it opens the screen for you to preview where I assume you use the dropper to select the color. However, it only shows black for my camera.

But, every other program shows my camera fine, including the Power Director 17. And the screen recorder itself shows my screen fine. It is just for some reason showing black for my webcam video.
Jets2011
Senior Contributor Location: Canada Joined: Sep 29, 2006 05:26 Messages: 760 Offline
[Post New]
Is it possible that another program is using your webcam? That might cause this. Try rebooting and then launching Screen Recorder to see if that fixes it by freeing up the webcam.

If that doesn't work, best to contact the Cyberlink support: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/service/technical-support.do

Dave
HisServant77 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Ah Dave!

You're a genius! Thank you so much for that!

It appears that Power Director 17 was using the webcam. I access the screen recorder through PD17 and it was defaulting to the webcam when I'd go into capture. Then when I select to record the screen, PD17 would still be showing my webcam.

Apparently that was the cause because when I'd change it to another tab, then open Screen Recorder, suddenly my webcam is showing visual in Screen Recorder!

Thank you so much for that! I hadn't even considered that to be a possible cause.

You win the internets for the day

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jun 06. 2019 12:59