Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Error code = 0122 when playing a blu-ray
Merino [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 28, 2019 18:35 Messages: 6 Offline
[Post New]
I am getting an error when trying to watch a blu-ray disc. This is only happening when my laptop is hooked up to a docking station to which 2 Dell HD monitors are hooked to.

Here is the error I receive:

"CyberLink PowerDVD cannot play back the protected content.

Try one of the following solutions to solve the problem:
1) Make sure your graphics card driver meets the minimun requirements. (You can find additional information on the CyberLink FAQ web site)
2) Do not use dual-monitors to play back this movie (Clone Mode). - (Error code = 0122)"

I'm not using clone mode, as my second monitor is an extension of my main screen.

Surely I should be able to watch a blu-ray on one of these monitors.. can anyone provide any help or troubleshooting tips?

Thanks in advance!

Livio
Jets2011
Senior Contributor Location: Canada Joined: Sep 29, 2006 05:26 Messages: 760 Offline
[Post New]
Surely you can, but you have to connect one monitor directly to your video card, i.e. not use a docking station. The connection needs to be closed and secure to play protected DRM content according to the Blu-ray Association content protection specs.

Docking stations might claim to be HDCP compatible, but the compatibility is not very trustworthy and the hardware quality is varied.

Dave

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at May 29. 2019 01:54

Merino [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 28, 2019 18:35 Messages: 6 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Surely you can, but you have to connect one monitor directly to your video card, i.e. not use a docking station. The connection needs to be closed and secure to play protected DRM content according to the Blu-ray Association content protection specs.

Docking stations might claim to be HDCP compatible, but the compatibility is not very trustworthy and the hardware quality is varied.

Dave

Ok, I will try that.. thank you!