Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Cellphone as capture device?
NCDGJ [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 18, 2017 15:53 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
I did not want to buy some streaming software to use but it seems I need to? Teaching from home with recent quarantine. I have to set up a classroom from home and create videos to submit to the district so students can keep learning. I need (at least) two capture devices running (and playing onscreen) at the same time (of which one or more of them is my phone or my tablet). Why does Powerdirector not offer a feature to do so?
AshWilliams [Avatar]
Member Location: Michigan Joined: Mar 28, 2013 23:38 Messages: 109 Offline
[Post New]
So you want to record video with your cell phone and then edit it in a video to send to the district? You can do this with Powerdirector. You just have to import your video file after you have finished shooting the video.

Maybe explain more what you mean by two capture devices...what exactly are you trying to do?

Powerdirector also includes ScreenRecorder that allows you to capture your computer desktop. If you get the stand alone version, you can also use picture in picture to do recorded presentations, and also do live streams if you ever needed that.

https://www.cyberlink.com/products/screen-recorder/features_en_US.html

Ash
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
I'm also unclear on what your question for PD is. It's a video editor, not a streaming service, although ScreenRecorder4 can do that.

If your question is more about how to livestream the view from your camera to your computer screen so it can be captured along with other content, this post may give you some direction.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 24. 2020 21:17

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°
NCDGJ [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 18, 2017 15:53 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Quote So you want to record video with your cell phone and then edit it in a video to send to the district? You can do this with Powerdirector. You just have to import your video file after you have finished shooting the video.

Maybe explain more what you mean by two capture devices...what exactly are you trying to do?

Powerdirector also includes ScreenRecorder that allows you to capture your computer desktop. If you get the stand alone version, you can also use picture in picture to do recorded presentations, and also do live streams if you ever needed that.

https://www.cyberlink.com/products/screen-recorder/features_en_US.html

Ash

I eventually solved the issue by getting a streaming software program (xsplit) and downloading onto my phone the app #livedroid to get what I needed to work.