Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Call or e-mail support - this is more of a user to user board.
Odd... you are trying a shortcut to "PDVDLaunchPolicy.exe"? or to something else?
Might be software. Is this problem in both Dolby and DTS or only DTS? I've heard of DTS 7.1 problems with PowerDVD. I don't run 7.1, so no personal experience. I'm glad you have the basic system working.
You have a strange situation - either some bad software configuration or bad hardware compatibility (TV?). Might be time for a clean install of windows and your software, especially if you have a fairly clean image from before you started trying different cards and software.
The AMD card should work just fine.
Didn't burn a copy of the downloaded files to DVD?
Give them a call, but you may have to wait until Monday.
To use the upgrade version of the software you must have the older version installed already on the machine. If you don't have a prior version, I'd give them a call and tell them you needed to buy the full version, but bought the upgrade one by mistake. I expect Cyberlink will sell it to you for the difference in price between the 2 versions.
google ANYDVD HD
You have a processing delay. I don't know if your audio or your video is lagging, but one is taking longer to proces the signal than the other. It is more common for the video to lag, as the audio is generally quicker to process. Many receivers/processors let you insert a 10 to 50 mil. second delay on the audio to address this. Not knowing what your equipment is, i'm not sure what advice I can provide.
Also,
I believe you want to set to 23 Hz not 24 to get the correct 23.97 Hz
Jeff,
Try at 60 Hz refresh rate. All 3 graphics companies are having problems getting 24 Hz to work right in their drivers. Some drivers look OK wiht some software, but none are working well with everything. Let you PC do the pull-down rather than your projector. I drive an Epson 8350 and find it behaves smoothly being driven at 60 Hz from my ATI/AMD graphics.
Congratulations, I'm glad you have everything working well for you. I'm surprised a bit about the VGA, but then I've never owned a plasma (always had a projector, which was VGA/Component connected prior to my 1080p upgrade, which is HDMI). You know, I think I got the same call fromt he bank a year or so ago when I went the AnyDVD route - that software is my friend now. On the sound side, that is a few hoops to jump through - but I'm with you - whatever it takes to make it work.
Sounds like a HDCP handshake problem. Try turning on the monitor before the computer. Do you have an AV receiver between the computer and screen?
If HDMI gave you worse video, then there is somethign wrong with your setup. No need for a $75 cable - I have a quality 30 foot one that I gor for about $25. I do hear you - Blu-Ray was designed to make using it in a PC very difficult. The level of DRM is very anti-consumer, and has not anti-pirate benefit, as the pirates can by-pass it instantly. I also run AnDVD, which I see as a must-have to be able to play blu rays. A year or 2 ago I had to make a decision, get an OPPO stand-alone and add in an all-region chip (many of my Blu Rays and DVDs are purchased from other regions) or go the PC route. PC was better for me - but certainly not if you just want to drop in a disk and don't care about the ability to tailor the experince.
try loud environment under audio - it appears to boost all levels.
Well,
my entire suggesiton was related to trying to force Cyberlink to use the Windows drivers, and not take over the card. Telling Cyberlink ot use the default output, making you 2-channel settings in Windows, and telling the windows driver not to give exclusive rights to other software didn't help?
Audio lag is odd - if the audio was leading the video, then it would be a 3D processing lag - which is known in the Panasonic at 100ms +/- 50 or so. Having the audio lag - especially more than a second - really sounds like a problem in software processing.
The same should work with 2 channel analog out, I just happen to have an outboard DAC.
I'm waiting on the 7770. Yeah, the 7970 looks great - but for gameing, not HTPC.
Well,
as an FYI - a WMC remote will control most playback functions for PowerDVD even when not running within WMC. It was a good addition to my system allowing almost complete remote control once the software is started.
Well,
I can only tell you what I do. I use SPDIF out to a 2-channel DAC. To get it to work well, I set my default output device in Windows, and set PowerDVD to use current system settings. I end up using "Noisy settings" under the Advanced tab to boost output level.

In the windows control panel for the SPDIF output, I DO NOT let applications take exclusive control.

This is the only way that I have found to force PowerDVD to down-mix Blu-Ray to 2 channel correctly.
Go to: