Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Audio issue
bwo [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Norway Joined: Mar 26, 2012 05:31 Messages: 13 Offline
[Post New]
I have the following issue. Using PowerDVD 11 Ultra and audio set to external device with high-definition audio everythings works fine with Blu-ray. But I when a insert a standard DVD, the audio switches to internal PCM decoded by PowerDVD and I have to manually set it to external device.

My graphic card is AMD Radeon HD 6570 with the latest driver.
I'm using AnyDVD HD. I tried to disable AnyDVD, but nothing changed.

I'm not sure if this happens every time I switch to a DVD, but it does for sure happen sometimes.

Is this a bug with PowerDVD 11 or caused by something else?
TheDudeiswatching [Avatar]
Member Joined: Sep 19, 2010 00:20 Messages: 80 Offline
[Post New]
strange. what if you configure your windows sound settings and set speaker environment to current system settings?
ganesha86 [Avatar]
Member Joined: Jan 16, 2012 00:54 Messages: 106 Offline
[Post New]
do you have the 64 bit versions?
bwo [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Norway Joined: Mar 26, 2012 05:31 Messages: 13 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: strange. what if you configure your windows sound settings and set speaker environment to current system settings?

Tried it. No difference. I have two HTPCs by the way and with different motherboard and graphic cards. It's the same with both. Therefore, I find it likely to be an issue with PowerDVD 11. Mine is an upgraded version from Ultra 11. I never got a new and clean installation, which I think is unfortunate.

Quote: do you have the 64 bit versions?

Do you mean Windows 64 version? Yes.

What's dissapointing is the lack of feedback from Cyberlink. I've e-mailed them, but received the standard automatic mail which askes me to try something I've already done and explained in the mail I sent to them.