Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Suddenly Won't Start
UFAlien [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 27, 2011 22:30 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
I've been using PowerDVD 11 Ultra for about a year now. Sometimes I'd have program freezes or other annoyances but generally it worked quite well. Suddenly, though, it won't load at all.

Whenever I try to run the program I get a loading "wheel" for less than a second - and then nothing happens. If I keep Task Manager open I can see the process never gets far enough to even be listed. I have not made any changes to my system since the time the program was working and I'm completely perplexed by the issue. Any suggestions?
CyberLink-Michael [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Europe Joined: Apr 18, 2007 04:05 Messages: 7418 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,
sounds quite strange - maybe AV that blocks?

any item in the MS event log?

br
Michael Technical Support

Werde Facebook Fan
UFAlien [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 27, 2011 22:30 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Hi, thanks. Since making the last post I've tried uninstalling the antivirus, running in safe mode, and updating my graphics drivers all to no avail. As for the logs - I couldn't find anything relevant, but I've never used them before so I may have just missed something. It notes that the service started but has nothing on the process (which Task Manager still shows has not started).
TheDudeiswatching [Avatar]
Member Joined: Sep 19, 2010 00:20 Messages: 80 Offline
[Post New]
Sounds like a file corruption. Have you uninstalled PowerDVD and re-installed it? That would be my suggestion.