Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PowerDVD 11 Update for Windows 8 rtm
ormachea [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 18, 2006 12:12 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
I have problem with PowerDVD 11 in Windows 8 RTM
CyberLink-Michael [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Europe Joined: Apr 18, 2007 04:05 Messages: 7418 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,
PowerDVD 12 will support Windows 8 - please check our Windows 8 guarantee website for more information:

http://www.cyberlink.com/stat/window8-guarantee/enu/en_US/index.jsp

suggest to upgrade to PDVD 12

br
Michael Technical Support

Werde Facebook Fan
alvincht [Avatar]
Member Joined: Sep 20, 2012 11:52 Messages: 58 Offline
[Post New]
Hi ormachea, what kind of problem is it? Any error message?
x64 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 22, 2006 23:26 Messages: 7 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Hi ormachea, what kind of problem is it? Any error message?

I'm having the same issue as the OP, it installes fine but when it starts up, it gives no error messages or anything, all it does is start without showing the play button and so on and you can't click on any of the tabs at the top as well. I can't even right click to go into settings at all.
CyberLink-Michael [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Europe Joined: Apr 18, 2007 04:05 Messages: 7418 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,
please check our Windows 8 upgrade center:

http://www.cyberlink.com/stat/window8-updates-center/enu/index.jsp

br
Michael Technical Support

Werde Facebook Fan
TheDudeiswatching [Avatar]
Member Joined: Sep 19, 2010 00:20 Messages: 80 Offline
[Post New]
I understand that PDVD 11 isn't officially supported, but there are some really good reasons NOT to go to V 12 (Cinavia for example). I'm interested if V 11 will run on Win 8 and I am considering updating my HTPC to use storagespaces.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Nov 29. 2012 00:07

keefy [Avatar]
Member Location: Isle of Wight Joined: Aug 19, 2008 09:20 Messages: 100 Offline
[Post New]
I have recently upgraded from Vista to Windows 8, and I am experiencing problems similar to those stated earlier on this thread

eg. I am a registered PowerDVD 11 user (upgraded from 9). I cannot install PDVD9 on Windows 8 in order to upgrade to the v.11 - with the intention of purchasing the upgrade to v.12.

Am I forced to purchase the new full version of PDVD12?
TheDudeiswatching [Avatar]
Member Joined: Sep 19, 2010 00:20 Messages: 80 Offline
[Post New]
Interesting...It sounds like an upgrade from 9 to 12 would not work for you either.
123datman [Avatar]
Newbie Location: chicago Joined: Jan 25, 2009 03:14 Messages: 22 Offline
[Post New]
That sucks. I to have reasons to stay with 11 too. I just upgraded to W7 and almost upgraded to W8 glad I didn't.

I'm stll having problems with windows updates, Sometimes they work and others they don't. After a windows updade PDVD would start playing and if I did anything it would freeze up and I would have force it closed. Now I restored it back to a point that it works again and I will not do any more windows updates.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Dec 04. 2012 00:04

don't know