Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
your disc drive does not support the playback for this content
MIK0 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 16, 2012 19:28 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
I'm having this issue with the Merlin Season 4 Bluray. I have updated my bluray drive firmware, and I have PowerDvd 11 with the latest patch. This is the first bluray that doesn't play even after updating everything.
When I try to play it with power dvd I god this message "your disc drive does not support the playback for this content" which is a false claim. I tried using the trial version of anydvd that remove the protection on the fly and it play flawlessly, and to me this means that powerdvd doesn't correctly decrypt this bluray.
I also tried the PowerDvd 12 trial to see if eventually the problem is fixed but with no luck. Anyway I'm not supposed to pay again another software (PowerDVD 12 or AnyDVD) to make PowerDVD 11 work with this bluray.

Do you have any solution for my case? Something I could do to fix this for good without it reappearing at the next bluray I will buy.

If I made some wrong assumption or some more information is required, please let me know.
Thanks.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 17. 2012 21:31

TheDudeiswatching [Avatar]
Member Joined: Sep 19, 2010 00:20 Messages: 80 Offline
[Post New]
Do you have the correct region code set for the disks? One think AnyDVD HD does is strip the codes. The studios have made it very difficult to play BR disks on computers, my take on it is AnyDVD HD is required to make any of the BR playback software work right.
MIK0 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 16, 2012 19:28 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Do you have the correct region code set for the disks? One think AnyDVD HD does is strip the codes. The studios have made it very difficult to play BR disks on computers, my take on it is AnyDVD HD is required to make any of the BR playback software work right.

Region code setting is right. AnyDVD is set not to change or bypass it, it only remove protection.
This is the first bluray that give me this kind of problem. PowerDVD is made to play bluray on pc, so I expect it to be possible. Having known this I probably would have bought AnyDVD and used a free player to watch the bluray.
CyberLink-Michael [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Europe Joined: Apr 18, 2007 04:05 Messages: 7418 Offline
[Post New]
Hello,
please get in contact with our technical support team

thanks
Michael Technical Support

Werde Facebook Fan