Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Blu Ray playback has occasional freezing image
[Post New]
Hey guys, just trying to solve a problem once and for all (hopefully).

Can anyone tell me why my Blu-Ray playback has freezing images every once in a while? The audio seems unaffected, bu the image will freeze for 5seconds and then resume to catch up with the audio. This has happened to me on several different computers and several different versions of Power DVD, and several different OS.

The only things that never changed for me is that I run Dolby Digital live through a toslink cable to my audio receiver (the image is fed right to the TV, not through the receiver, with a HDMI Monster cable from video card). AND I have SLI enabled on my Nvidia cards (though I have gone through 2 different models, the 280GTX and the 460GTX).

Edit: Just want to mention that playback of other HD files is flawless, only Blu Ray discs are affected.

Here are my current specs, just in case they are needed.

Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit
Power DVD 11 (highest version)
Samsung Blu Ray reader (x12 I think)
Intel Core i7 2600K (OC @ 4.2ghz)
8 gigs of RAM Corsair XMS3 @ 1333mhz
Corsair HX1000 (1000 watt PSU)
MSI Geforce N460GTX Hawk (x2 in SLI)
Creative Labs X-Fi Titanium Fatality champ edition
(Plugged to Yamaha HTR-6163 Receiver via toslink cable with Dolby Digital Live enabled)
Corsair P256 (256 gb SSD) - System Drive
Seagate 500g 7200rpm - Storage
Western Digital 2TB 7200rpm - Media Storage

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at May 04. 2012 14:52

guga [Avatar]
Member Joined: Apr 22, 2012 16:31 Messages: 52 Offline
[Post New]
Hi. Does this happen to a single file or have you tried to test it with multiple ones already? This could be just with the file used tho.
[Post New]
I specifically said in my first post that this was related to DISCS!!! and that I had this problem on SEVERAL DISCS with SEVERAL VERSIONS OF POWER DVD and SEVERAL OPERATING SYSTEMS and SEVERAL COMPUTERS.

Please take time to read posts carefully and thoroughly.
TheDudeiswatching [Avatar]
Member Joined: Sep 19, 2010 00:20 Messages: 80 Offline
[Post New]
You do realize these are just other users trying to help you...

You should have enough machine, but a few items to check. SLI can cause a stutter in games - I don't know if that could be related here, but I don't think that is the case. Anything odd running in the background (backup software?)? BD+ trying to access the web?