Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
The same happened to me when I installed the update patch for PD8. Luckily I had the original install disc on CD, so removed the lot and did a fresh basic install without the patch. It worked much better again.

I'm now using the basic version of PD9, and although I'm aware there are updates I'm not going to install them, especially after reading your message, as I only do simple edits, and can do without what's on the updates.

Maybe remove, and start over again :
I have quite a few videos containing copyright music, sometimes in parts, and sometimes the whole way through.

YouTube has only identified only one of those as containing a copyright track, and has automatically inserted an iTunes link, so once that happened, I edited out the links I had put there previously. That's on this video -> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvp0gbv03eU

I have no idea how YouTube identified that particular one, but none of the others

Of the other videos, in the captions beneath I place an iTunes link myself, and also sometimes an Amazon link for people to purchase the music track.

Sometimes I try to contact the owner of the music, and ask them if it's ok, emphasising that I have put links to their music so they *might* make some extra sales. Some don't reply, and one was very honoured to have his music used.

As yet I've had no threats from YouTube or others to remove what I've used, so I guess I'm doing something the right way
My preference is for H264 / AVC files. They tend to be on the large size, but in my opinion worth the YouTube upload wait
What type of audio file ?
I understand mp3 files at certain bitrates can mess things up
My only comment is that you are using some clips which are copyright, as I've seen them on YouTube previously.

Try some with your own original material, then come back and ask again
I've yet to see a Facebook video, viewed full-screen which makes me go "Wow", but I've seen plenty of Hi-Def YouTube vids which do that, including Robert's Hang-Gliding videos, linked below

Here's some of his for example.
Make sure you click the Hi-Def setting (1080 or 720) then watch it Full-Screen -> http://www.youtube.com/user/relate2?feature=mhsn#g/u

You're flying right there with him

I also had a copyright issue with YouTube, but they responded quickly and sorted it out for me.
As a Facebook user I can't see the point of loading directly to Facebook, unless you want to "tag" people in the video, as there are no different quality settings on Facebook. Most of the "HQ" stuff I see ain't HQ, so I'm baffled why people load it as such, or Facebook decides it's HQ .

Much better to have a YouTube (or similar) account and just post a link on Facebook, for people to view it. You also get the YouTube stats, which show how many people viewed it, and from what parts of the world, etc. YouTube has different quality settings, right up to full Hi-Def 1080 which is fabulous when viewed in full-screen mode.

I always save to hard-drive first, then upload to YouTube, so I have control over the file-quality. Mostly I save in the H264 file, as it gives the best quality for file-size. Some I save as mp4, if video-quality is not too important.

I would suggest you make a short 30 second test video, and save it using different file formats. Look at the file-sizes and view from double-clicking in 'Windows Explorer' and you'll soon get an idea of how good various files work.
Do it the "simple" way. Save your video you want to upload to YouTube on a hard-drive . . . when you've done that, simply go to your channel on YouTube and upload it from the saved file on your drive.
So much simpler
To get the links to work as words, you use the BB "Code" shown when you post a message, but just use it in your sig when you edit your profile.

Here is the actual code I use (below) and it will appear the same as in my sig. I have disabled the BB code in my reply so you can see it. .

[size=12][u][url=http://goo.gl/krc26]Trevor[/url][/u] . . [u][url=http://goo.gl/gTpia](Bristol, UK)[/url][/u] . . [u][url=http://goo.gl/B7oxA]My YouTube site[/url][/u] . . [u][url=http://tinyurl.com/ycuugr3]My JVC GZ-HM1 Camcorder[/url][/u][/size]

All you do is put your own words and URL's in the appropriate places. Incidentally the sig can't be too long so I have used "tinyurl" links to make up my four links

If it doesn't work right when you've saved it, just do it again till it does work. Or practice in in composing a message, using the "URL" button, and "preview" it, but don't post the message, so you can get the idea if it works !!

I use the [u] and [/u] code to underline the link so that most people will understand it's "clickable"
Why doesn't everyone edit their sig to include a link to their videos ?

Only takes a couple of minutes

I convert all my FLV files with the latest version of Realplayer which gives you a number of options to save your files as, for various items such as mobile phones, or high quality files.

I generally save as a WMV before importing to PD9 . . . [or previously PD-8]
I use the JVC GZ-HM1 which is about the same price. There are links below, if you wish to take a peek
Quote: If PD8 is non-destructive, with the .pds file including an index of all pointers to those portions of clips used, then I just need to keep backups of the saved .pds and the full, original clips, correct?

Correct . . . However, if you are editing a particularly complex video, I would click the "Save" icon frequently.

I lost a lot of edits, by not doing that. I sometimes save after 10 edits, then save under a new name after 20 edits, eg (2)-filename, then do 20 saves in that, and so on.

As the video gets more fiddly and time consuming, I click "Save" after I've done each edit. It only takes a second, yet can save a lot of minutes of work and head scratching if you get the dreaded "crash".

It's great not to have to worry about a crash, and just to be able to resume from the most recent Project File after a re-boot
. . . and another thing to factor into the equation, is that Amazon have been selling off PD8 quite cheaply of late "knowing" that PD9 was on its way.

If it is the case that a recent buyer of PD8 gets a "free" upgrade to PD9, then they have found themselves a mighty good deal !!

:
Quote: Is there a way to get rid of the gummy clips rounder borders? It makes PD9 look like Mickey Mouse video editing tool.

I guess CyberLink have taken on some of the staff responsible for designing the "New and Improved" Myspace layout, which is equally Mickey Mouse
4th message down from Dafydd Bevan, at . . .

http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/14064.page
Quote: I clicked on the java uploader link (I have latest Java) which does not seem to work at all.

Click on that Java link again-and-again and if it works like I encounter it WILL eventually let you use the "Advanced" upload, which does cope with interrupted file uploads . . . and I get plenty of those :
Message completely edited out, as it was a rubbish reply

I wish there was a "delete" button somewhere
Quote: I want to make a video of software usage and am capturing the video and audio using a program called WonderShare DemoCreator. I output it from DemoCreator as MP4 files.

You don't say what device you are using to capture the video. Are you capturing direct from other videos you are watching, or are you capturing via your webcam, or a Camcorder, or what?

If you are capturing already-published video it's better capturing it direct as an FLV file and then making a good conversion. I use the latest version of "RealPlayer". Save it as a high quality video, then import it into PD8. Try different file-types when you convert.

If you put in 'poor', you are likely to produce 'poorer'.

If you are a newbie, keep things simple, don't go looking for "more" information, just practice some simple edits, and various produce modes, until you have the basics, then when you can do that ok, that's the time to search for more :
Sometimes when I'm using different USB connections on my PC the external drive which I then plug in is given a different drive-name to what it was previously, depending on what else is also connected, such as D, E, F and sometimes even G drive, so could this be the cause ?

After previously having problems such as yours, all my files associated with the edit are transferred to the same folder on my main drive, including audio files and the saved project files themselves.

Only when the project has bee produced do I put the audio files back in their original folder, and move the Camcorder files to my external drive . . . and touch wood, I haven't had any problems since
Go to: