Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Rendering problem with music files
Surfnut [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 07, 2011 17:19 Messages: 27 Offline
[Post New]
Hi guys. I wonder if anyone can help. I`m trying to upload a music video where I`ve muted the music recorded with the video and replaced it with the far superior studio recording. The sync is pretty darn good for a 1st time, but when I `Produce` it, the timings all over the place. Anyone help? Thanks, Bri
Trevor George
Member Location: Bristol, UK. Joined: May 29, 2010 17:44 Messages: 80 Offline
[Post New]
What type of audio file ?
I understand mp3 files at certain bitrates can mess things up Trevor . . My YouTube site . . (Bristol, UK) . . My JVC GZ-HM1 Camcorder
Surfnut [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi Trevor. Thanks for your speedy reply. It`s a Wav file. Bri
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
How powerful is your computer?

I ask that question because a slow computer can cause the audio and video to get out of sync.

Post a dxdiag.txt file.
Start > Run. Type dxdiag, OK. Click Save all information Button.

Post Reply button at top of forum. Add as an Attachment to your post. Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

Surfnut [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks Carl. That might be it. I`m having to do it on my laptop at the moment because my pcs away being upgraded. My laptop`s an Acer Aspire 5551 with a
* AMD Athlon X2 dual core P320.
* 2.1GHz processor speed.
* 3GB DDR3 RAM memory.
* 250GB SATA hard drive.
Havent had it long, so it`s upto date, but that doesnt mean it`s sufficient. Let me know what you think. Thanks, Bri
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Athlon X2 Dual core may be enough, but the 2.1 Ghz is a bit slow for HD video.

Does the Video have CUDA (Nvidia) or ATI Stream processing? Is the Video RAM shared? if so your 3 GB of RAM may not be enough.

Nothing puts as much strain on a Computer as Video Editing.

You might test your setup by trying the Sample Clips.
Just add two or three of the Nature.mpg on the timeline is see what happens. The Sample Clips are not heavy duty and don't put much strain on the computer. So if they produce and play well, you are trying to do too much on that computer. Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

Surfnut [Avatar]
[Post New]
Ok, thanks Carl. I`d assumed that the problem would be that because the audio and video were`nt recorded together, any slight offsets would be magnified during rendering, but if you`re saying try the pre-recorded stuff, that`s obviously not the case. Will do. Thanks, Bri