Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
FLV Files
James Dotson
Senior Contributor Location: Tennessee Joined: Aug 24, 2009 20:40 Messages: 3066 Offline
[Post New]
Has anyone found the secret to importing FLV files? I just tested a dozen or more video files and I found that all of the ones that would not open all had MP3 audio. Those without mp3 audio all opened without error. Thoughts and opinions? __________________________________
CORNBLOSSOM
RobertJ/OZ [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Melbourne Australia Joined: Aug 14, 2006 02:26 Messages: 1209 Offline
[Post New]
Your one up on me Jaime, I not able to import any FLV files

Robert Intel i7 930, 16GB ram, Radeon HD 5770 1Gb,Ver. 14.12 Win7 64 bit
Intel i7 7700 HQ, 16 GB ram Nvidia GTX 1050Ti 4GB dual drives 1 TB SSD + 1 TB HDD Win 10

PDtoots
MostlyHarmless
Newbie Location: Pennsylvania Joined: Dec 07, 2010 00:01 Messages: 10 Offline
[Post New]
While this usually is a codec problem, I found that using Pazera's free FLV to AVI converter (as well as their MOV to AVI converter) leaves me with a pile of AVI files, everything other than Apple and Adobe software is quite happy with.

Jan Save WEB space - use the backside of your postings too!
James Dotson
Senior Contributor Location: Tennessee Joined: Aug 24, 2009 20:40 Messages: 3066 Offline
[Post New]
So, Pazera's free FLV to AVI converter worked for you? I tried it and nothing I converted with it would work in PD. Maybe there's something missing from my computer because I had no option to change the audio format. __________________________________
CORNBLOSSOM
Trevor George
Member Location: Bristol, UK. Joined: May 29, 2010 17:44 Messages: 80 Offline
[Post New]
I convert all my FLV files with the latest version of Realplayer which gives you a number of options to save your files as, for various items such as mobile phones, or high quality files.

I generally save as a WMV before importing to PD9 . . . [or previously PD-8]
Trevor . . My YouTube site . . (Bristol, UK) . . My JVC GZ-HM1 Camcorder
MostlyHarmless
Newbie Location: Pennsylvania Joined: Dec 07, 2010 00:01 Messages: 10 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: So, Pazera's free FLV to AVI converter worked for you? I tried it and nothing I converted with it would work in PD. Maybe there's something missing from my computer because I had no option to change the audio format.

Yes, so far it worked with everything I threw at it. Using FLV to AVI version 1.2 here.

I can select from a bunch of different audio formats.

Can you point me to a small example FLV that I can try to convert?

Jan Save WEB space - use the backside of your postings too!