Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Copyrighting Question Regarding Youtube
[Post New]
So, I finished this video project of mine, and I want to post it up on youtube. Before I do this, I would like to know if there is anything I should know to account for, as I have a song from a well known band in this video.

I know from basics that I am to mention the song's author, but is there any other info I should post in my video regarding info like the record label or album name ? Also, I would assume that its not necessary to include my full name somewhere on the page/video...really just the song information, right ?

Thanks in advance...I always know solutions are imminently well served on these forums .
CubbyHouseFilms
Senior Contributor Location: Melbourne, Australia Joined: Jul 14, 2009 04:23 Messages: 2208 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Andrew

When you post it to Youtube it is re-rendered on there system to determine if any music is used (it analyses the beats to the music) and if necessary puts an iTune link so viewers can download the song.

Good luck Happing editing

Best Regards

Neil
CubbyHouseFilms

My Youtube Channel
My Vimeo Channel
PD3.5, 5, 6 & 7. Computer: Dell Dimension 5150, Intel Pen. 2.80 GHz, 2GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce 8600GT 256MB, Windows XP Pro!!
PD8 Ultra v3022. Computer: Dell Studio 1747, Intel, i7 Q740 1.73 GHz, 8GB RAM, ATI Mob. Radeon HD 560v 1GB, Windows 7 Ult. 64
PD10 Ultra v2023. Computer: HP Pavilion dv7, Intel, i7 2630 2.00 GHz, 8GB RAM, ATI Mob. Radeon HD 6770 2GB, Windows 7 Pre. 64
PD12 Ultra v2930. Computer: HP Pavilion dv7, Intel, i7 2630 2.00 GHz, 8GB RAM, ATI Mob. Radeon HD 6770 2GB, Windows 7 Pre. 64
PD13 Ultim v3516. Computer: HP Pavilion dv7, Intel, i7 2630 2.00 GHz, 8GB RAM, ATI Mob. Radeon HD 6770 2GB, Windows 7 Pre. 64
PD16 Live v2101 Computer: HP Pavilion dv7, Intel, i7 2630 2.00 GHz, 16GB RAM, ATI Mob.Radeon HD 6770 2GB, Windows 7 Pre. 64
Director Suite 6: PowerDirector 16 Live, PhotoDirector 9, ColorDirector 6, AudioDirector 8

Cameras: Sony(s) HXR-NX5P, HXR-NX70P, NEX-VG10E, a6300 4k, HDR TG5E, GoPro 4 Black, Canon 6D DSLR

Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
- PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!

Dilbert36 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 03, 2011 14:18 Messages: 12 Offline
[Post New]
Hi there...I use many copyrighted songs as background music in my Youtube videos. My videos are for entertainment purposes only and I do not claim the songs or do it for any type of profit. If you get flagged for a copyright violation you can use the following instructions attachment to dispute the copyright claim and use a loophole. Also is a disclaimer I add to my Youtube video description too...It works for me everytime. :

Filename
Copyright dispute loophole.txt
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
2 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
304 time(s)
 Filename
Disclaimer.txt
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
368 bytes
 Downloaded:
268 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 11. 2011 20:38

James Dotson
Senior Contributor Location: Tennessee Joined: Aug 24, 2009 20:40 Messages: 3066 Offline
[Post New]
I think it all depends on whether or not the song has been approved. If not, they will mute the sound...all of it. __________________________________
CORNBLOSSOM
Aussieroo
Newbie Location: Canberra, Australia Joined: Nov 26, 2009 01:05 Messages: 25 Offline
[Post New]
In my old trade (printing) copyright was copyright. Once it is in the public arena then you violate copyright. (MHO). Reg
Trevor George
Member Location: Bristol, UK. Joined: May 29, 2010 17:44 Messages: 80 Offline
[Post New]
I have quite a few videos containing copyright music, sometimes in parts, and sometimes the whole way through.

YouTube has only identified only one of those as containing a copyright track, and has automatically inserted an iTunes link, so once that happened, I edited out the links I had put there previously. That's on this video -> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvp0gbv03eU

I have no idea how YouTube identified that particular one, but none of the others

Of the other videos, in the captions beneath I place an iTunes link myself, and also sometimes an Amazon link for people to purchase the music track.

Sometimes I try to contact the owner of the music, and ask them if it's ok, emphasising that I have put links to their music so they *might* make some extra sales. Some don't reply, and one was very honoured to have his music used.

As yet I've had no threats from YouTube or others to remove what I've used, so I guess I'm doing something the right way Trevor . . My YouTube site . . (Bristol, UK) . . My JVC GZ-HM1 Camcorder