Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Duration of clips
[Post New]
I have Power director 6 for Windows 7

Is there a way for me to change the duration of all the clips my slide show at the same time instead of one at a time?
For example, right now the clips in my slide show are 5 second each. I want them to be 7 seconds each. Is there a way to do this all at the same time instead of doing each clip one at a time?

Thanks for your help,
Suzanne Suzanne
Trevor George
Member Location: Bristol, UK. Joined: May 29, 2010 17:44 Messages: 80 Offline
[Post New]
Message completely edited out, as it was a rubbish reply

I wish there was a "delete" button somewhere

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Nov 05. 2010 17:42

RobertJ/OZ [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Melbourne Australia Joined: Aug 14, 2006 02:26 Messages: 1209 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Suzanne,

The default duration of images is 5 seconds, to change go to,

Edit
Preferences
Editing

Then change the duration of the image files

Robert

Intel i7 930, 16GB ram, Radeon HD 5770 1Gb,Ver. 14.12 Win7 64 bit
Intel i7 7700 HQ, 16 GB ram Nvidia GTX 1050Ti 4GB dual drives 1 TB SSD + 1 TB HDD Win 10

PDtoots
RobertJ/OZ [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Melbourne Australia Joined: Aug 14, 2006 02:26 Messages: 1209 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Trevor,

Don't worry about it, we all make mistakes and feel a right plonker, especially when your post cannot be deleted. There are times when you do miss the obvious solution, but then, that's how we learn.

Robert Intel i7 930, 16GB ram, Radeon HD 5770 1Gb,Ver. 14.12 Win7 64 bit
Intel i7 7700 HQ, 16 GB ram Nvidia GTX 1050Ti 4GB dual drives 1 TB SSD + 1 TB HDD Win 10

PDtoots
[Post New]
Thanks guys. I know how to go into edit preferences and change the default but that only seems to work if you do it before you create your project. I wanted to change the duration of the clips after I created a project and I couldn't find where I could do that except by doing it one by one and I just wondered if there was a way to do several clips at a time.

Suzanne Suzanne
RobertJ/OZ [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi Suzanne,

Ok, Highlight all the clips that you want to change, then right click and select duration, change duration and all highlighted clips will change

PDtoots
[Post New]
I have tried that and it didn't work. When I highlight all of them, the duration is greyed out so I can't change the duration. It will only let me choose duration if I do one clip at a time. Suzanne
Cap'n Kevin
Senior Contributor Location: Chebeague Island, Maine Joined: Dec 26, 2008 20:22 Messages: 2011 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Suzan,

Just a quess because I can't see what is on your timeline:

If you happen to have video clips on your timeline as well...then the duration button won't function if you happen to have included them in your selection on the timeline. The duration button does not work with video clips. It should and does appear for everything else...Titles, PIP Objects, Particle Effects, etc. This is assuming that all is working correctly with Power Director. It may be a problem that requires you to uninstall and reinstall PD8.

Is this possible that you also have video clips on your timeline?

Kevin
Check out PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials and more! Over 5,000 Subscribers.
RobertJ/OZ [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi Suzanne,

PowerDirector 6 does not have the same capability of PD8, which is what Kevin and I based our advice on, you are correct, if you highlight your images, right click, the set duration button is greyed out, just installed PD6 on another computer to test.

Maybe it's time to consider upgrading to the latest version.

Sorry to have been giving you misleading information

PDtoots