Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Just purchased PD 8 Ultra from Amazon
Bob T [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 27, 2010 13:53 Messages: 8 Offline
[Post New]
I have been using Pd 8 Deluxe for over a year and I just bought Pd 8 Ultra from Amazon just two weeks ago so I could burn AVCHD disks and now I see version 9 is out. Is there any way to return version 8 and get version 9. I mean its only been two weeks. Thanks is advance.

Bob
RobertJ/OZ [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Melbourne Australia Joined: Aug 14, 2006 02:26 Messages: 1209 Offline
[Post New]
CyberLink policy regarding new versions is that they will provide a free upgrade provided that you purchased within 30 days of the new release.
Contact Technical Support and provide them with all your purchase details.

Robert Intel i7 930, 16GB ram, Radeon HD 5770 1Gb,Ver. 14.12 Win7 64 bit
Intel i7 7700 HQ, 16 GB ram Nvidia GTX 1050Ti 4GB dual drives 1 TB SSD + 1 TB HDD Win 10

PDtoots
Cap'n Kevin
Senior Contributor Location: Chebeague Island, Maine Joined: Dec 26, 2008 20:22 Messages: 2011 Offline
[Post New]
Robert,

Just a question as I am not familiar with how it works:

If the product was purchased through Amazon will he still be able to get a refund from Cyberlink? Or will he have to go through Amazon to get the refund?

Wasn't sure....

Kevin
Check out PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials and more! Over 5,000 Subscribers.
Trevor George
Member Location: Bristol, UK. Joined: May 29, 2010 17:44 Messages: 80 Offline
[Post New]
. . . and another thing to factor into the equation, is that Amazon have been selling off PD8 quite cheaply of late "knowing" that PD9 was on its way.

If it is the case that a recent buyer of PD8 gets a "free" upgrade to PD9, then they have found themselves a mighty good deal !!

: Trevor . . My YouTube site . . (Bristol, UK) . . My JVC GZ-HM1 Camcorder
RobertJ/OZ [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Melbourne Australia Joined: Aug 14, 2006 02:26 Messages: 1209 Offline
[Post New]
Well, one has to assume that provided the product was legally purchased, with all necessary back up information, CyberLink will honour their policy no matter where purchased, it's still an original CyberLink product.

Should not be necessary to obtain refund if CyberLink provide the free upgrade, which I don't think you would get from Amazon or CyberLink in this situation.

Robert

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Nov 19. 2010 16:09

Intel i7 930, 16GB ram, Radeon HD 5770 1Gb,Ver. 14.12 Win7 64 bit
Intel i7 7700 HQ, 16 GB ram Nvidia GTX 1050Ti 4GB dual drives 1 TB SSD + 1 TB HDD Win 10

PDtoots
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Amazon would be a third party vender and any arrangement for a purchase would be with that vender.

Dafydd
fletch [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 18, 2010 16:37 Messages: 8 Offline
[Post New]
Just submit a ticket via the CL web site, they were quick to respond to me. I bought mine directly from them.

Note however that they've not quite got everything working. The links and credentials they provided me do not work. But, it's only been 1 day since the product was released so I'm not going to start griping just yet :

*UPDATE* I guess it just took a short time for the links/credentials to become active, trying again just a moment ago was successful.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Nov 19. 2010 19:38

Bob T [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 27, 2010 13:53 Messages: 8 Offline
[Post New]
Issue was solved in very quick fashion. Submitted a ticket to CL explaining the situation and with an attached bill of sale submitted to them showing the product was purchased within 30 days I was allowed to upgrade to PD 9. Very quick, within a few hours I had my response.

Bob
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Well done Bob. Good follow up information for members.
Dafydd