Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Program running really slow after installing patch.
adavidcassidy77 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 22, 2011 18:22 Messages: 8 Offline
[Post New]
Had problems with program crashing when trying to alter audio. Went and installed latest patch now the program runs so slow it is unusable. I have a dual core processor with 5gb of memory. Any ideas?
Bubba in TX
Senior Contributor Location: Central Texas Joined: Dec 12, 2009 21:32 Messages: 1332 Offline
[Post New]
More information please __________________________________________
Windows 8 Pro 64 bit

CyberLink PowerDirector 10 Tutorials
PDtoots PowerDirector Tutorials

**NOTICE**
When you are asked to provide a DXDIAG you go the following link and do part "B". Your posted specs are NOT what we are looking for as they tell us nothing. The specs on the box of your computer mean nothing. The DXDIAG shows us how your computer is configured as it runs.

DXDIAG Link
Trevor George
Member Location: Bristol, UK. Joined: May 29, 2010 17:44 Messages: 80 Offline
[Post New]
The same happened to me when I installed the update patch for PD8. Luckily I had the original install disc on CD, so removed the lot and did a fresh basic install without the patch. It worked much better again.

I'm now using the basic version of PD9, and although I'm aware there are updates I'm not going to install them, especially after reading your message, as I only do simple edits, and can do without what's on the updates.

Maybe remove, and start over again : Trevor . . My YouTube site . . (Bristol, UK) . . My JVC GZ-HM1 Camcorder
adavidcassidy77 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 22, 2011 18:22 Messages: 8 Offline
[Post New]
Had to uninstall reinstall. That got the speed back to normal but would still crash while adjusting audio levels through the audio level mixer. I've got around it by just moving them by hand on the time line.
Bubba in TX
Senior Contributor Location: Central Texas Joined: Dec 12, 2009 21:32 Messages: 1332 Offline
[Post New]
I have always used the audio adjust by hand in the wave form cell. For me the latest version seems to cause me the least amount of grief.

Just make sure to keep all your drivers updated as it REALLY makes a difference with PD9.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 14. 2011 12:16

CyberLink PowerDirector 10 Tutorials
PDtoots PowerDirector Tutorials

**NOTICE**
When you are asked to provide a DXDIAG you go the following link and do part "B". Your posted specs are NOT what we are looking for as they tell us nothing. The specs on the box of your computer mean nothing. The DXDIAG shows us how your computer is configured as it runs.

DXDIAG Link