Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
YouTube uploading
SeptimusFry
Senior Member Location: Brittany, France Joined: Feb 02, 2008 12:43 Messages: 243 Offline
[Post New]
I have found in the past, that YouTube will not upload some videos. I have been lazy and not correlated the ones which will against those which won't, so can only talk about the latest example.

I have shot a bunch of clips in HD, PAL 1920x1080 25fps. These result in an 8 mins 104MB abcxyz.wmv file to upload.

I have tried the first offer for uploading, this results in anything between 0% to 30% loading before UNKNOWN ERROR message.

I clicked on the java uploader link (I have latest Java) which does not seem to work at all.

Rather than post on YouTube forum, I thought here would be the natural place for expertise on YouTube uploading. With the topic titled as it is, it may yeild useful info for others as time goes by...

denbigh

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Nov 14. 2010 04:58

i7 980x; W7 Pro; 12GB; Nvidia GTX 285; 2x300G Velociraptors in Raid 0; 2x1.5TB Barracuda in Raid 1; 2TB WD Studio Ed.II (eSATA); NEC SpectraView Reference 2690 + MultiSync EA232
Robert2 S
Senior Contributor Location: Australia Joined: Apr 22, 2009 05:57 Messages: 1461 Offline
[Post New]
My only suggestion denbigh is to produce your video normally then manually upload the video from the youtube site.

Just one thing producing a 1920X1080 HD video 8 minutes long at a decent quality would be much larger than 104MB.

I produce my 5 minute hang gliding videos at 1920X1080 in H.264 @ 12mbps bit rate which gives me very good quality and they are between 500-600MB

I have tried the default youtube settings inside PowerDirector and the quality is too low for me.

EDIT====I may have miss read your question. Reading through it again it sounds as though you are using the upload on the Youtube site. Regarding the java upload link I have used it a number of times trying to get the resumeable option to work without success.

I did upload a video the other day which took 2 attempts to get a successful upload.

Cheers

Robet2 S

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Nov 14. 2010 05:55

My youtube channel====> http://www.youtube.com/user/relate2?feature=mhsn
Trevor George
Member Location: Bristol, UK. Joined: May 29, 2010 17:44 Messages: 80 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: I clicked on the java uploader link (I have latest Java) which does not seem to work at all.

Click on that Java link again-and-again and if it works like I encounter it WILL eventually let you use the "Advanced" upload, which does cope with interrupted file uploads . . . and I get plenty of those : Trevor . . My YouTube site . . (Bristol, UK) . . My JVC GZ-HM1 Camcorder
Robert2 S
Senior Contributor Location: Australia Joined: Apr 22, 2009 05:57 Messages: 1461 Offline
[Post New]
Quote:
Quote: I clicked on the java uploader link (I have latest Java) which does not seem to work at all.

Click on that Java link again-and-again and if it works like I encounter it WILL eventually let you use the "Advanced" upload, which does cope with interrupted file uploads . . . and I get plenty of those :

I get the "Advanced" upload "Try Now" link to work but it does not let me either pause my upload or restart from where I closed it down. My youtube channel====> http://www.youtube.com/user/relate2?feature=mhsn