Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
I just started editing a memorial video, which I've made many over the years, but something is amiss.

I just discovered that everything appears fine, but after I added a title screen I hit play to see how things were looking.
It surprised me that the play back window then goes blank! I'm in a real crunch on time and can't for the life of me
figure out what is wrong.
I attached a couple of screenshots.

Thanks,

Scott Wright

Hi,

I'm fairly sure that neither PDR nor CDR support clog/clog3 off the camera.

I've converted a couple of sample files using Shutter Encoder to H264 and H265 with different parameters, including applying the inbuilt clog3 to Rec709 LUT and the converted files import fine into PDR and seem to "roundtrip" in CDR from the PDR timeline and back.

That doesn't really help out if you want to edit the native files but.......

If you want to share a short clip from your camera on onedrive or whatever, I'm sure members will try it out to confirm. Please refer to this post on privacy -
https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/83642.page

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator

Thank you for that information. Maybe I misunderstood what one YouTuber was referring too? I'll experiment further.

Scott
Quote There is a 2 second minimum duration when importing videos, so make sure you record longer than that and simply trim the clips on the timeline.

As for the other message, please shoot at least one 5-10 sec clip and share it here using the Attachments button below the forum's text box:

You can attach more clips recorded in different formats as well, and that should help to understand what's going on
I

Tjanks for responding. I shot at least two minutes of video in various formats. Tomorrow I will shoot in several formats of at least a couple minutes and try to open them. I'll post screenshots of the various error messages if they appear. I just realized the first time I wasn't shooting in CLOG3 and today I was trying that. So I'll try again with it turned off. Yet, I watched a few videos of clog3 being edited in Piwer Director.

Scott
About 12 days ago I recorded video for the first time with my Canon R5 in 4K at 24fps All-1 format. I had no problems opening and editing the footage in Cyberlink.
Earlier this week I was watching numerous Youtube videos on using this camera for video. It caused me to check if my firmware was up to date and it was one behind, so I updated it.
Now, no matter what format I record in I'm getting one of two error messages when I try to open footage in Power Director or Color Director. The first has a long message but basically says I need to record at least one minute of video. The second, which I've attached a screenshot of, says that there is a broken element in the video and it can't load.
I have a shoot Friday evening and am starting to get a little nervous trying to figure this out. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
Scott Wright

100% agree with Warry on exporting to disk and manually uploading to YouTube.

I just tried the direct to YouTube method and got the same screen you did. When I clicked on Next, a broswer window opened and I had to sign in to YouTube and select my brand account (my channel). After than I got a "Authentication successful, back to the program to proceed" message in the browser, and when I went back to PowerDirector it showed "Authentication successful." I didn't have to enter any authorization code.

Not sure what you're getting from Google re: domain names, etc.

Thank you for the three answers from members, and I will give the advice a try.

Scott
I have uploaded videos to YouTube many times in the past and have never run into this issue before.
Google now wants my PowerDirector and YouTube accounts linked via an Oa authorization. What's all
that about?
I tried following the directions, but I can't seem to provide what Google wants regarding domain names, etc.
The only online business presence I have is through my Smugmug account which is mainly for photos.
I have attached screenshots to show what I'm running into. Can someone please help me with some suggestions?

Thanks,

Scott Wright

MC only uses one defined audio source. You'd simply have to do that audio edit manually by adding contents to another track, sync by audio to line up if needed, and then splicing in camera 2 audio and then muting MC audio in that section. You can disable video for this track and/or unlink and delete video.

Jeff

Thank you for the quick response.
That's what I thought but was hoping to save a little time if there was
a trick I was missing.
i wasn't even aware of the MC plug-in until I started editing the footage. I've mostly used PS to edit footage from 8mm reel-reel film I digitized, as well as creating memorial videos for funerals. This is my first real experience recording with two cameras at the same time.

Scott
I'm just trying to learn how to use the multicam plugin. I very recently recorded an event with two cameras.
In one portion of my clips I have a situation where I need to use camera 2 audio to begin with and then
switch to camera 1 audio at the end.
I have attached a screen shot for reference. Is this even possible? I can't seem to make it work.
Any suggestions?

Thank you,

Scott Wright

You may be watched a prior version video. The location of MC was changed, it's now in the Plugins. CL has a plague of moving things around and calling it a UX improvement.

Jeff

Interesting. Thanks again.

Scott
Thank you for that information. I somehow missed that one thing in the video.
Although I can use it without the icon, any ideas on why it doesn't show.

Scott
I just recorded an event on Saturday with two cameras. I discovered the neat multicam plugin which is pretty new.
But when I watched a few tutorials I realized I was missing a major part of the functionality of the tool.
The red record button in the right half window doesn't appear for me. I have subscribed for quite a few years to the Power
Director 365 and my subscription is up 01/24. I applied a recent update that hadn't been done and that didn't resolve the issue.

Out of really wanting this to work to help do this new project more quickly, I paid $90 to buy and download Ultimate 21. I'm not even sure it's different than what's used in 365, but even with that installed I still do not see the record button.

I also don't have the Plugin icon in the toolbar. I have to go to the very top and select the plugin menu to open multicam.

I've attached a screenshot of what I'm referring to. I opened a service ticket yesterday, but now late today I still haven't heard from Cyberlink support. I hope someone can give me some guidance.

Thanks,
Scott Wright
Quote You are only creating a template in the Menu Designer, not the actual text, modify the text in the edit window after applying your template.

Jeff

Thanks, Jeff!!

I had to reread your post a couple of times and then the light bulb became extremely bright.
I realize now that the menus that you download are just that, templates that you then edit to
your needs.

Thanks again for the quick response!

Scott
I am trying to create my own disk menu for a video. I can't seem to edit the text in any of the original text boxes.
I can move them around but when I double click on them the little window opens where I can change color and
font but am unable to delete or add text. I can't even delete the original text boxes.

I haven't created my own disk menu before and have no idea what I'm missing here. I read through the manual
to try and figure this out but I must not be seeing something that would resolve this. I've attached a snip of the window to help others see where I'm at and dealing with. Thanks for any help that someone can provide!
I just had to reinstall my OS. Now I need to download PD14 Ultimate. Is there a way to do this as right now I do not have a backup disk? Please provide me the steps I need to take to accomplish this.

Thanks,

Scott
I have Audio Director 6, I think, but when I watch a tutorial on youtube for that version I am not finding the exact same tools the video shows. (I have added clips to this to show what I am seeing.)

The video/audio has some wind noise and hiss. The wind noise comes and goes in the audio and the hiss is pretty consistant. I tried to use noise gate and moved the threshold slider back and forth and the ratio sllder to various positions to see if it helped. It did with some of the hiss, but the wind noise didn't change much. If I took the threshold all the way right and the ratio towards the middle it pretty well reduces wind noise but also I start losing some of the vocal.

In the youtube video that was for AD 6 it had a box that opened up for the noise gate that had differnt controls that were in green lines, but appeared to work in a similar way. This is causing me confusion on the verision I have so that I can try and find some for tutorials. I did try the update for AD6 but the PC said I didn't have the right version installed. So I tried to install updates for AD5 & 7 and got the same message.

Can anyone give me some clarification on the version I have, why my version 6 seems a little different than what I've found online, and the best way to try and remove the troublesome wind and hiss noise? I am using a Canon 5d Mark ii with an attached directional microphone. (I don't have the brand model number in front of me but can provide if needed.)

Thank you ,

Scott Wright
Hi Jacob,
Do you have a project open while you are trying to change preferences? If so, I'd recommend that you save and close it.
I was having a similar problem a few years ago. But it occurred while trying to edit the project after opening it. I had recently moved it from one computer to another.
If I remember correctly, the only way I could prevent this error from happening was to open a previously saved copy of the project. It hadn't had some of the recent editing done to it, but it seems there was something that became corrupted in the project.
As I said, this was a few years ago and I can't remember all the things that happened in this regard.
Not sure if you can see the string of all the recommended steps that others gave me. But if you can, especially after my response to you, that you follow them and see if it resolves your issue. Good luck.
Scott
Thanks for that information. I just don't know why the application manager for PD13 is giving this error, or is it related to a problem with one of the previous version installs?

I did a system restore last night back to before the first reinstall and still ended up with the same results.

Scott
I am trying to reinstall PD13. I get a message that the application was unable to start correctly (0xc000001. I installed the manager on this computer and everything went fine. (Had to replace hard drive on this laptop, and reinstall OS on other desktop. Not a good few weeks)

I transferred the Application Manager from this laptop to the other PC to try it and still got the same error. This is an upgrade from PD11 to PD12 to PD13. On this laptop I went straight from PD11 to PD13, but on the problem machine I installed PD11 and PD12 before trying to install PD13. I am going to uninstall PD12 and try that, but if anyone has some other ideas I'd really appreciate them.

Scott Wright
In one email from CS yesterday I saw where they told me to go to my Account Manager. I missed it until now.

It looks like I can now download and activate everything I need too. I didn't realize this feature was there.

Scott
Thanks for quick reply. So I need to wait for CS to send me a link like they did for my other versions. I have already paid for PD13 that is on other computer.
Go to: