Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Issue Loading Projecto to YouTube
Scott61 [Avatar]
Member Location: Wichita, KS Joined: Aug 20, 2011 04:43 Messages: 126 Offline
[Post New]
I have uploaded videos to YouTube many times in the past and have never run into this issue before.
Google now wants my PowerDirector and YouTube accounts linked via an Oa authorization. What's all
that about?
I tried following the directions, but I can't seem to provide what Google wants regarding domain names, etc.
The only online business presence I have is through my Smugmug account which is mainly for photos.
I have attached screenshots to show what I'm running into. Can someone please help me with some suggestions?

Thanks,

Scott Wright
[Thumb - Online poducing of video.jpg]
 Filename
Online poducing of video.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
328 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
3 time(s)
[Thumb - Google Oa authorization.jpg]
 Filename
Google Oa authorization.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
256 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
2 time(s)
[Thumb - Cyberlink directory invalid.jpg]
 Filename
Cyberlink directory invalid.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
188 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
3 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Aug 10. 2023 09:43

Scott Wright
Wichita, KS
Warry [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: The Netherlands Joined: Oct 13, 2014 11:42 Messages: 853 Offline
[Post New]
When I upload videos to YouTube, I never use the PD built-in option.
I export / produce the video to my local disk, check it out, and then manually upload it to YouTube.
The advantage of this approach is, that you are able to check whether the export is all okay and can be uploaded. Another advantage when using the YouTube upload is that it enables you to directly get the settings right: thumbnails, title, description, visibility, restrictions etc.
Have a look at the file format specification YouTube advises. If you use those when producing your video, it may overall take less time to get the video online.

If you want to use the PD upload, (after all, that is why it is there), others may be able help you getting to the right procedure.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Aug 10. 2023 10:11

optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
As Warry mentioned, direct uploading to YouTube from within PD has several limitations, including not being able to mark the video as unlisted. YT also changes their API every so often which requires an update to PD.

When I've tested the feature to help answer forum questions, authorizing the upload has typically gone smoothly and I don't remember seeing those kinds of screens. You may want to contact CL tech support to see if they can help you out.
billb [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 25, 2023 18:51 Messages: 28 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I have uploaded videos to YouTube many times in the past and have never run into this issue before.
Google now wants my PowerDirector and YouTube accounts linked via an Oa authorization. What's all
that about?
I tried following the directions, but I can't seem to provide what Google wants regarding domain names, etc.
The only online business presence I have is through my Smugmug account which is mainly for photos.
I have attached screenshots to show what I'm running into. Can someone please help me with some suggestions?

100% agree with Warry on exporting to disk and manually uploading to YouTube.

I just tried the direct to YouTube method and got the same screen you did. When I clicked on Next, a broswer window opened and I had to sign in to YouTube and select my brand account (my channel). After than I got a "Authentication successful, back to the program to proceed" message in the browser, and when I went back to PowerDirector it showed "Authentication successful." I didn't have to enter any authorization code.

Not sure what you're getting from Google re: domain names, etc.
Scott61 [Avatar]
Member Location: Wichita, KS Joined: Aug 20, 2011 04:43 Messages: 126 Offline
[Post New]

100% agree with Warry on exporting to disk and manually uploading to YouTube.

I just tried the direct to YouTube method and got the same screen you did. When I clicked on Next, a broswer window opened and I had to sign in to YouTube and select my brand account (my channel). After than I got a "Authentication successful, back to the program to proceed" message in the browser, and when I went back to PowerDirector it showed "Authentication successful." I didn't have to enter any authorization code.

Not sure what you're getting from Google re: domain names, etc.

Thank you for the three answers from members, and I will give the advice a try.

Scott Scott Wright
Wichita, KS