Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Can't Seem to Open Any Video Files After Firmware Update
Scott61 [Avatar]
Member Location: Wichita, KS Joined: Aug 20, 2011 04:43 Messages: 126 Offline
[Post New]
About 12 days ago I recorded video for the first time with my Canon R5 in 4K at 24fps All-1 format. I had no problems opening and editing the footage in Cyberlink.
Earlier this week I was watching numerous Youtube videos on using this camera for video. It caused me to check if my firmware was up to date and it was one behind, so I updated it.
Now, no matter what format I record in I'm getting one of two error messages when I try to open footage in Power Director or Color Director. The first has a long message but basically says I need to record at least one minute of video. The second, which I've attached a screenshot of, says that there is a broken element in the video and it can't load.
I have a shoot Friday evening and am starting to get a little nervous trying to figure this out. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
Scott Wright
[Thumb - Problem opeing video.jpg]
 Filename
Problem opeing video.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
155 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
2 time(s)
Scott Wright
Wichita, KS
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
There is a 2 second minimum duration when importing videos, so make sure you record longer than that and simply trim the clips on the timeline.

As for the other message, please shoot at least one 5-10 sec clip and share it here using the Attachments button below the forum's text box:

You can attach more clips recorded in different formats as well, and that should help to understand what's going on

Scott61 [Avatar]
Member Location: Wichita, KS Joined: Aug 20, 2011 04:43 Messages: 126 Offline
[Post New]
Quote There is a 2 second minimum duration when importing videos, so make sure you record longer than that and simply trim the clips on the timeline.

As for the other message, please shoot at least one 5-10 sec clip and share it here using the Attachments button below the forum's text box:

You can attach more clips recorded in different formats as well, and that should help to understand what's going on
I

Tjanks for responding. I shot at least two minutes of video in various formats. Tomorrow I will shoot in several formats of at least a couple minutes and try to open them. I'll post screenshots of the various error messages if they appear. I just realized the first time I wasn't shooting in CLOG3 and today I was trying that. So I'll try again with it turned off. Yet, I watched a few videos of clog3 being edited in Piwer Director.

Scott
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Tjanks for responding. I shot at least two minutes of video in various formats. Tomorrow I will shoot in several formats of at least a couple minutes and try to open them. I'll post screenshots of the various error messages if they appear. I just realized the first time I wasn't shooting in CLOG3 and today I was trying that. So I'll try again with it turned off. Yet, I watched a few videos of clog3 being edited in Piwer Director.

Scott

Might want to read https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/108008.page#424045

Jeff