Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Trying to remove unwanted noise.
Scott61 [Avatar]
Member Location: Wichita, KS Joined: Aug 20, 2011 04:43 Messages: 126 Offline
[Post New]
I have Audio Director 6, I think, but when I watch a tutorial on youtube for that version I am not finding the exact same tools the video shows. (I have added clips to this to show what I am seeing.)

The video/audio has some wind noise and hiss. The wind noise comes and goes in the audio and the hiss is pretty consistant. I tried to use noise gate and moved the threshold slider back and forth and the ratio sllder to various positions to see if it helped. It did with some of the hiss, but the wind noise didn't change much. If I took the threshold all the way right and the ratio towards the middle it pretty well reduces wind noise but also I start losing some of the vocal.

In the youtube video that was for AD 6 it had a box that opened up for the noise gate that had differnt controls that were in green lines, but appeared to work in a similar way. This is causing me confusion on the verision I have so that I can try and find some for tutorials. I did try the update for AD6 but the PC said I didn't have the right version installed. So I tried to install updates for AD5 & 7 and got the same message.

Can anyone give me some clarification on the version I have, why my version 6 seems a little different than what I've found online, and the best way to try and remove the troublesome wind and hiss noise? I am using a Canon 5d Mark ii with an attached directional microphone. (I don't have the brand model number in front of me but can provide if needed.)

Thank you ,

Scott Wright
[Thumb - dynamic range.PNG]
 Filename
dynamic range.PNG
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
184 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
70 time(s)
[Thumb - noise gate.PNG]
 Filename
noise gate.PNG
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
158 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
72 time(s)
[Thumb - audio director info.PNG]
 Filename
audio director info.PNG
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
36 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
78 time(s)
Scott Wright
Wichita, KS
[Post New]
Hello Scott,

The properties shown in your screenshot are of the shortcut, not the actual software. The easiest way to determine what you have is to click on the ADR icom in the top left corner or the AudioDirector word (top right). That opens the "About" screen and will give the information required, including the patch build.

If it's all up-to-date, it should say AudioDirector 6.0.5902.0

Your screenshots show you're working in the Mix module. Have you checked out the Restore module? It's likely to have the noise removal tools you need.

PIX PIX YouTube channel