Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Can Audio From Two Seperate Tracks Be Used With Multicam Plugin
Scott61 [Avatar]
Member Location: Wichita, KS Joined: Aug 20, 2011 04:43 Messages: 126 Offline
[Post New]
I'm just trying to learn how to use the multicam plugin. I very recently recorded an event with two cameras.
In one portion of my clips I have a situation where I need to use camera 2 audio to begin with and then
switch to camera 1 audio at the end.
I have attached a screen shot for reference. Is this even possible? I can't seem to make it work.
Any suggestions?

Thank you,

Scott Wright
[Thumb - audio files from 1 and 2.jpg]
 Filename
audio files from 1 and 2.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
399 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
1 time(s)
Scott Wright
Wichita, KS
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I'm just trying to learn how to use the multicam plugin. I very recently recorded an event with two cameras.
In one portion of my clips I have a situation where I need to use camera 2 audio to begin with and then
switch to camera 1 audio at the end.
I have attached a screen shot for reference. Is this even possible? I can't seem to make it work.
Any suggestions?

Thank you,

Scott Wright

MC only uses one defined audio source. You'd simply have to do that audio edit manually by adding contents to another track, sync by audio to line up if needed, and then splicing in camera 2 audio and then muting MC audio in that section. You can disable video for this track and/or unlink and delete video.

Jeff
Scott61 [Avatar]
Member Location: Wichita, KS Joined: Aug 20, 2011 04:43 Messages: 126 Offline
[Post New]

MC only uses one defined audio source. You'd simply have to do that audio edit manually by adding contents to another track, sync by audio to line up if needed, and then splicing in camera 2 audio and then muting MC audio in that section. You can disable video for this track and/or unlink and delete video.

Jeff

Thank you for the quick response.
That's what I thought but was hoping to save a little time if there was
a trick I was missing.
i wasn't even aware of the MC plug-in until I started editing the footage. I've mostly used PS to edit footage from 8mm reel-reel film I digitized, as well as creating memorial videos for funerals. This is my first real experience recording with two cameras at the same time.

Scott Scott Wright
Wichita, KS