Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Vertical shutter transition?
SimonW55668 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 27, 2013 15:51 Messages: 27 Offline
[Post New]
Hi, i am trying to get or make a vertical shutter transistion for a short project. This is the one where the screen is black but the imgae opens from the middle to top and bottom at the same time. Is there on anywhere in Powerdirector or do i have to make it? If so how and where do i do this? I thought that this may be a standard transistion but it is either up or down, not both. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Simon

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Aug 09. 2017 05:13

ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Simon -

Here are two transitions. One is Vertical Open & the other is Vertical Close.

If you drop the Vertical Open at the start of a clip (prefix) it will give you something like what you want... opening vertically from the centre.

If you want something a bit more stark, with hard edges, these PiP Objects might do the job.

BlackBars Open 1 - BlackBars Open 2 - BlackBars Close 1 - BlackBars Close 2

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
SimonW55668 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Hi Simon -

If you drop the Vertical Open at the start of a clip (prefix) it will give you something like what you want... opening vertically from the centre.

If you want something a bit more stark, with hard edges, these PiP Objects might do the job.

Cheers - Tony

Unfortunately cannot download into PD15. keeps saying file missing??
SimonW55668 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Hi Simon -

Cheers - Tony

Unfortunately cannot download into PD15. keeps saying file missing??

Now downloaded but i want the bars to meet in the middle and then open. A completely black screen opening up towaqrds the top and bottom from the middle. Any help will be appreciated as this is starting to grind. Every other editing suite has a film but not PD....
Longedge [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Apr 28, 2011 15:38 Messages: 1504 Offline
[Post New]
It's odd as you say that something as simples as that hasn't been included.

All the wipes and transition are too swizzy jazzy for my liking and to be honest I hardly ever use anything but a simple fade.

You can achieve what you want by dropping 2 x black colour boards onto separate video tracks in front of your clip and then keyframing each one. Very easy to do but a good excercise in the basics of keyframing.
SimonW55668 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote It's odd as you say that something as simples as that hasn't been included.

All the wipes and transition are too swizzy jazzy for my liking and to be honest I hardly ever use anything but a simple fade.

You can achieve what you want by dropping 2 x black colour boards onto separate video tracks in front of your clip and then keyframing each one. Very easy to do but a good excercise in the basics of keyframing.

Thank you. I will try this later...
The Shadowman
Senior Contributor Location: UK Joined: Dec 15, 2014 13:06 Messages: 1831 Offline
[Post New]
Quote It's odd as you say that something as simples as that hasn't been included.

Thank you. I will try this later...

Hi

Longedge's suggestion will do exactly what you want, but remember, when you go into the PIP designer to create the image, make certain that in "object settings" you uncheck Maintain Aspect Ratio. Also, you will find it much easier if you enable "grid lines" and "snap to reference lines". The keyframed colour boards should be placed immediately below the image you wish to display.

Note: the speed of the transition will be dictated by the duration of the colourboard. If you want a fast action, make the board narrow.
[Thumb - colourboard1.png]
 Filename
colourboard1.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
63 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
21 time(s)

This message was edited 4 times. Last update was at Aug 09. 2017 14:31

Panny TM10, GH2, GH4,
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Simon -

Here's one thread where this was discussed previously. There's a link to a little tutorial, showing what Longedge & The Shadowman have suggested.

Using black colour boards is fine, but I've found inconsistencies when trying to save as a template... so using an acyual black rectangle graphic is my preference.

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!