Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
make a image wave like a flag
oztindog66 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 02, 2017 20:48 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
Hi, How do I make a still image flap or blow like a flag would in wind, I want to put a logo on an Australian flag and make it look like its in the wind with the logo embeded. thank you PP
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
Is this for commercial use? If it is for a one time personal use then there are many available on the internet like this one: https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Animated-Flag-Australia.gif . Do an image search for animated, transparent, useage rights, etc.

If you want to create your own wait for the next response.
oztindog66 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Is this for commercial use? If it is for a one time personal use then there are many available on the internet like this one: https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Animated-Flag-Australia.gif . Do an image search for animated, transparent, useage rights, etc.

If you want to create your own wait for the next response.

Thanks for the link, WHat im looking for is a flag with logo waving in the breese/wind and I want to use it as a start of a vidio, so i need it as a mpeg or avi - its not for comercial use but for a non profit club.

thanks again i should have said as a video file because that opens things up a bit, I do have PD 15

Regards Pete
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Pete -

There are far more elegant ways to do this using Displacement filters in Photoshop (& other software), given that you want to customise the flag for your club, but I just turned

this still image... into this animated gif... in about 3 minutes flat

here

Personally, I wouldn't do it that way but it's a simple solution.

I'm sure this has been raised before, but can't put my finger on it.

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
1Nina
Senior Contributor Location: Norway, 50km southwest of Oslo Joined: Oct 08, 2008 04:12 Messages: 1070 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Hi Pete -

Cheers - Tony

I can...........
Just something.
https://www.petitpoisvideo.com
oztindog66 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Hi Pete -

Cheers - Tony

I can...........

thanks but didnt see any videos on how to make a image wave in PD any more links to tutorials on this topic please ?
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
Quote thanks but didnt see any videos on how to make a image wave in PD any more links to tutorials on this topic please ?

Not a single contributor here linked a video or tutorial on how to do it in PD15 because they don’t exist. You could buy stock video of the Australian flag waving if you want or create it yourself by buying adobe photoshop for lets say $700 and then learn to use it in say 6 months so you can create it.

Ynotfish’s response ‘here’ to the right of the waving flag is the link you need in case you forgot to click on it. The flag may be free.
1Nina
Senior Contributor Location: Norway, 50km southwest of Oslo Joined: Oct 08, 2008 04:12 Messages: 1070 Offline
[Post New]
I remembered questions about waving flags from before because I was involved in an answer at that time.

If not actually recording a waving flag or spending lots of money on software, animating a gif I would say will do the job for you, - that is if you are making something that is not supposed to be broadcasted somewhere.

These days, it seems to be no end to what you can do online.

(sorry about the editing......)

Post from 2014

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Aug 05. 2017 05:36

Just something.
https://www.petitpoisvideo.com