Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
After a multicam edit the video sent to timeline only shows 1 cam.
Drummin'man [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 15, 2017 00:32 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
I shot a two cam video using two different formats. After editing (mixing) them in the multicam plug-in and clicking OK, the video sent to the timeline only cantains vidro from one camera. One was a HD from my LG20 phone (jpg_2) and the other was from my Nikon still camera with video in the .MOV format. What am I doing wrong? I do get the two camera videos on the timeline but only one of the vids plays.

Thanks for any insights,

Ed
The Shadowman
Senior Contributor Location: UK Joined: Dec 15, 2014 13:06 Messages: 1831 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I shot a two cam video using two different formats. After editing (mixing) them in the multicam plug-in and clicking OK, the video sent to the timeline only cantains vidro from one camera. One was a HD from my LG20 phone (jpg_2) and the other was from my Nikon still camera with video in the .MOV format. What am I doing wrong? I do get the two camera videos on the timeline but only one of the vids plays.

Thanks for any insights,

Ed

If it is the .mov files that aren't showing, check that you have QuickTime installed Panny TM10, GH2, GH4,
Drummin'man [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 15, 2017 00:32 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks Shadowman, so I switched the cameras and now it is working. I put the .mov file on camera 1 and the mpeg-2 on camera 2 and voila, sucess. I don't know why but there it is. My video starts with camera 2 so perhaps that made a difference. Anyway, thanks again for the advice. Now since you are waching maybe you can explain what all the numbers mean when I select R264 mp4 wrapper. The pull-dawn menu has an extesive list of formats. Seems like the list shows them in the increasing quality order, but I do not underrstand the various combinations. Your dealing with an aged novice here so bear that in mind.

Ed
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
G'day Ed -

Glad you got your multi-cam functioning. I tried to replicate it here (without an LG20) but whatever combination I tried worked.

About production formats & profiles...

You're right - the profiles as they're list start at the lower end & work to the top.

If you look at an AVC H.264 MPEG-4 profile, it'll state something like "MPEG-4 1920 x 1080/30p (16Mbps)".

1. MPEG-4 is the wrapper

2. 1920 x 1080 is the video resolution (frame size)

3. 30 is the framerate & the "p" is for progressive

4. 16Mbps is the (average) video bitrate, an indicator of quality.

It's a complicated thing, but the rule of thumb is to always produce to about the same quality (properties) as your input material. If you're using a mixture of (say) UHD clips at 60Mbps & HD clips at 28Mbps, it's probably best to produce to the lower quality - 1920 x 1080 @ 28Mbps.

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!