Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Thanks for the links.

Glenn
maybe that quicktime dll quicktime.qts is corrupt.

have you tried reinstalling quicktime?

Glenn
i don't know about this, but i want to jump in here because I'm curious.

According to the Canon site the Vixia HV40 records in MPEG2.

PD looks to support MPEG2 in both capturing and importing.

What am I missing here? I would hate to buy a future camcorder that I thought would work but doesn't.

Am I missing something in the specs that would cause an incompatibility?

Just wanting to learn.

Thanks

Glenn
I have had this problem in years past with other NLE platforms (not PD) and it is usually related to source materials.

If it would be possible to convert your DVD (vob ?) files to say an avi using one of the converters such as Prism (Virtual Dub??, others) first, and then import these avi's into PD, it might provide a solution, but I am not certain.

In most instances files from actual DVD's are already compressed and not ideally suited to editing, but sometimes they can be fixed.

Anybody else?

Glenn
thanks. if i got 2220c earlier through TS, do I need to download this new general release, or am i good?

Glenn
Greetings,

Yesterday I accidentally deleted my YouTube account and then immediately sent them a reactivation email and they reactivated my account.

At first I had problems logging in, but eventually deleted my internet cache and reset my YouTube password and can now successfully log in.

However, when trying to produce from PD8 to YouTube, it says I have entered an invalid password or account, but I know the login information in PD8 is correct.

Is there anyway to fix this?

I am running build 2220c, by the way.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Glenn
Not sure Robert. I seem to remember something from another thread stating that this would fix the side-by-side comparison screens on one of the functions, can't remember which one or where, I'm a little new to PD8 or any PD for that matter.

Anybody?

Glenn
Yes it does.

Glenn
As a matter of fact, it does.

Hmm??

Glenn
Worked like a charm.

Glenn
I am currently running build 2220.

How should I go about installing build 2220c?

Should I uninstall the previous build first? What about also uninstalling PhotoNow first too? Should I uninstall the content?

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Glenn
I am using PD8 on a Dell Studio 1737 with a Core 2 Duo T9550 @ 2.66GHz, 6MB L2 cache, Vista Ultimate 32 bit, 4GB of RAM, an ATI Mobility Radeon 3650, and a 7,200RPM HD with no issues.

Glenn
Title says it all.

Any idea if Power Producer will be offered on sale anytime soon?

Thanks

Glenn
Greetings:

I have only had PD8 for a couple of weeks, but I notice that a few of you had either the Kodak Zi8 or the Flip cameras. I have a Panasonic GS400 for the serious stuff, but am considering picking up either a Kodak Zi8 or a Flip Ultra HD for the holidays.

Before I do so, I wanted to make double sure that PD8 can handle the files produced by both of these cameras and get some hands on user comments on using PD8 with these cameras.

Thanks in advance for any comments or ideas.

Glenn
I stand corrected.

Video Denoise and Video Enhancement DO NOT work in split screen for me.

Everything else does work in split screen.

I have contacted TS for build 2220c.

Glenn
Quote: It worked successfully for me.....

Glenn

I am on Vista Ultimate SP2 32bit if that helps at all...

Glenn
my fix and enhance split screen works in plain version 2220.

Glenn
It worked successfully for me.....

Glenn
you're not doing anything wrong and it's not your system. it's a PD8 problem. since i saw these threads i tried to upload the same video to youtube that i successfully did a few days ago and now i get the cannot connect error.

obviously my internet connection works or i would not be able to post this message.

Glenn
waiting on a solution to this problem too.

Glenn
Go to: