Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
How Should I Install Build 2220c?
GEAtkins [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 15, 2009 15:38 Messages: 25 Offline
[Post New]
I am currently running build 2220.

How should I go about installing build 2220c?

Should I uninstall the previous build first? What about also uninstalling PhotoNow first too? Should I uninstall the content?

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Glenn
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Glenn -

Yes - everything you've suggested is good.

Completely uninstall PD & PhotoNow. There are plenty of post describing this process. I usually use Revo Uninstaller to do this. Content will be uninstalled during this process.

Reboot & re-install.

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
If you have purchased and installed any Smartsound tracks,
do not uninstall Quicktracks.
In fact, if you have any SS tracks you purchased and installed, back up your database.
Open the magic Music module, click on Smartsound, and click on folders.
Backup everything you see, only the music itself amounts to any mb.
I really need to do a tutorial. HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT
GEAtkins [Avatar]
[Post New]
Worked like a charm.

Glenn
Tabletguy [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 25, 2009 05:29 Messages: 16 Offline
[Post New]
Does the version number in "About" actually show the small "c"?

My version says Ultra 8.0.2220
GEAtkins [Avatar]
[Post New]
Yes it does.

Glenn
Bob in Tucson
Member Location: Milwaukee, Denver, Tucson Joined: May 30, 2008 18:11 Messages: 133 Offline
[Post New]
Why don't I see this update on the list of PD-8 updates page? The best thing about PD is the people in the Forums !!!
Win-7 Ultimate, ASUS Rampage III Extreme, Intel Core i7-980X, 12-GBs DDR3, Intel X25-M 160GB SDD, Asus nVidia GeForce GTX580 (1), Dell U3011 Monitor, Canon HF100 and HF-S21
GEAtkins [Avatar]
[Post New]
Not sure Robert. I seem to remember something from another thread stating that this would fix the side-by-side comparison screens on one of the functions, can't remember which one or where, I'm a little new to PD8 or any PD for that matter.

Anybody?

Glenn
Tabletguy [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 25, 2009 05:29 Messages: 16 Offline
[Post New]
I was told that it was a limited release version (hence the "c"), and that you could request a copy from support.

I interpret that to mean it is not yet a full and complete patch update. I don't know what additional issues it fixes.
Cap'n Kevin
Senior Contributor Location: Chebeague Island, Maine Joined: Dec 26, 2008 20:22 Messages: 2011 Offline
[Post New]
GEAtkins,

you asked:
I am currently running build 2220.

How should I go about installing build 2220c?

I installed build 2220c without doing anything first (more of an experiment) than anything else. It uninstalled the previous build and installed the new one (2220c) which appears in my "about Cyberlink Power Director" screen.

I have had no problems and have been editing multiple HD projects almost everyday without a crash or hiccup.

Kevin
Check out PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials and more! Over 5,000 Subscribers.
Damien [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 25, 2009 07:26 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
I have noticed on my 2220 version that the video track apperas to 'jump' when it goes into and comes out of a PIP wheather it is an actual picture with a fade out or just one from the PIP objects room. Any news that this upgrade might fix this, i also notices this while i was in PD version 6. Cheers for any ideas
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Damien -

By jump, do you mean pause before moving on? You don't mean jump, as in moves on the screen, surely?

That would seem to be a problem with how your PC is processing the video for preview, rather than a bug in PD. Does it happen when you adjust the screen preview quality to a lower setting?

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
Damien [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 25, 2009 07:26 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Tony, yea gday that is right, the picture appears to pause briefly as it come out of a PIP , I tried viewing it in a lower resolution but still appeared to jump or pause. I upgraded the program hoping to help this as the computer should be fine for power with it beenon a new computer with a core2 quad 8200, 4gig of mem, near empty hard drive, on XP. I did produce and burn a copy to see if made a difference but it still shows up. Any suggestions?