Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
The picture quality in my YouCam is very poor. My settings seem right. The video comes up in Skype and YouCam without incident, but the quality is just poor, even when no other user controlled apps are running. If I try a video and say a couple sentences, the audio is mismatched, as is head movement.

The DxDiag will tell you I have Windows 10, version 1903, Build 18362.329, KB4512941, August 2019 Update
i7 7500 Intel chip
8GB Ram
YouCam 7.0.4129.0 (Deluxe),
YUC180507-03

All Microsoft updates are current. A still picture and a 8 second video are attached along with the DxDiag file.

Where should I start troubleshooting?
I just put a Redbox movie DVD in my external DVD player. It automatically opened PowerDVD16 (Windows 10 Creator x64), but when I hit the Play button, I got an error after 20 seconds or so. The event viewer log called it a DistributedCOM error, which appears below.

Have others experienced the same problem?

Any ideas how to fix it?

**********Event Viewer DistributedCOM Error

PowerDVD 16 DistributedCOM Error opening DVD MovieThe application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application with CLSID {D63B10C5-BB46-4990-A94F-E40B9D520160} and APPID {9CA88EE3-ACB7-47C8-AFC4-AB702511C276} to the user NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM SID (S-1-5-1 from address LocalHost (Using LRPC) running in the application container Unavailable SID (Unavailable). This security permission can be modified using the Component Services administrative tool.
Quote Neither program runs after installing Creators Update. Both worked fine before. Reinstalled and they still don't run.

Error message:

C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\MSVCR110.dll is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error. Error status 0xc000012f.

I also had some problems with the installation, but it turned out to be due to Windows updates in the Microsoft C++ Redistributable files with the update and dll files. A reinstall of the original or latest update solved it EXCEPT where the error was a side by side Kanten.X file error. The error was:

"Activation context generation failed for "C:\Program Files
(x86)\CyberLink\PowerDVD16\PowerDVD.exe.Manifest". Dependent Assembly
Kanten.X,type="win32",version="1.0.0.0" could not be found."

When you have a problem, go to Cortana and type "Event Viewer" to get the datail of a problem such as the above. Open Even Viewer, Select Custom Views>Administrative Events, then look for Error under the First column (Level) at the apprximate time the problem occured.

In either case I solved it and explained how at http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/0/62579.page#285098
Quote I am having the exact same issue. Installed Windows 10 Creator and now PowerDVD 16 does not launch. I think I have localized it to 64bit OS vs. 32bit OS. On my 32bit machies PowerDVD is just fine. It's only on my 64bit machines that I have the issue.
Read my solution at http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/0/62579.page#285098
Quote Anyone experiencing a lack of integration between Youcam7 & Social media platforms such as FB, Zoom or Skype? It used to work perfect until the last FF updates... I submitted a ticket 2 days ago, still no resolution, can anyone advise me?
Angelie, there are two versions of Skype for Windows 10: Wind10-Skype Integrated and Skype Classic.

Note Cyberlink just posted a new build for YoouCam7, Build 2316 dated 20Jun17. There was an old build 2316, but I guess they cleaned it up. The YouCam features now show up for me in Skype Classic; however, Cyberlink and Microsoft have not gotten together to add it to the Integrated version.

The YoiuCam 7 features are also available to me on Facebook Messenger screen.
Quote Hi Nicklous,

Can you record a video for this problem? you can use youcam to record the video.
Since you can only attach online links for photos or videos and cloud sites like OneDrive, Google Drive and Dropbox do not give you a simple link to insert the video into the forum message window, I suggest you post it to your YouTube account as an "Unlisted" video so only those who have the link can view it. For example, I did that with this video, https://youtu.be/MuVstfpl68c , on a different subject.

I have found that my YouCam reacts that way occasionally when I am in full or partial Deskftop Capture mode. The reason is the graphics and RAM required as you have Office Word, PowerPoint, etc., open as well as YouCam. It made me decide to increase my RAM, though I haven't done it yet.
Quote Hi cyberbiker,

I just changed skype's language and checked the video setting. It worked for me.
Then I reseted the languge to my prefference, and it worked.

Greetings
Hicham
Thanks. That seemed to have helped. I first did a reisntall of build 2316 (20Jun17), then switched language to French and back to English. The Cyberlink Webcam Splitter video choice now brings up the camera with a side panel of YouCam features.

Thanks, Hicham! I hope Cyberlink gets together with Microsoft so the YouCam features will be available for the Windows 10-Skype Integrated version soon.
Quote Can you see video if you switch to "HD Webcam" or "Wirecast Virtual Camera"?
Yep. The webcam works fine for both of those settings. A YouCam 7 reinstall didn't help.
YCyberlink Tech Suppport has agreed that YouCam 7 does not work yet with the Skype version integrated with Widnows 7. However, if I choose the Cyberlink Webcam Splitter, I cannot get the webcam to work in Skype Classic either. My laptop webcam works fine in Skype Classic when I choose the HD Webcam driver. As a result no YouCam features are available to Skype Classic either.

Are there any Windows 10 x64 users out there who have been able to get YouCam 7 to work with Skype Classic?

Quote I am running Windows 10; I tried uninstalling and reinstalling, still not showing up as my cam of choice. Very frustrating.
Same problem with me. I have Youcam 7.0.0611.0 and Windows 10 Creator 1703 x64.

I could not find a YouCam option in Skype Windows 10 settings. Just the default laptop webcam and the HD webcam. As a result none of the YouCam features are available.

The only Cyberlink driver I have in Device Manager is in Sound, Video and Game Controllers. What drivers do other Windows 10 & YouCam7 users have in Device Manager?

I found a solution that permitted me to update PowerDVD16 to build 2406. It now works fine now for Windows 10 Creator 1703 x64. Hope it works for you in Windows 7.

Read my solution at http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/0/62579.page#285098
Quote I have the same problem with the initial install of PowerDVD 16 as part of Media Suite 14. PowerDVD16 simply won't open. I installed it when I under Windows 10 Anniversary update, but have the same problem with Windows 10 Creator 1703.

The Event Log error reads:
Activation context generation failed for "C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\PowerDVD16\PowerDVD.exe.Manifest". Dependent Assembly Kanten.X,type="win32",version="1.0.0.0" could not be found.
I found a solution that permitted me to update PowerDVD16 to build 2406, which permits it to work fine.

Quote Hi cyberbiker, The CyberLink Media Suite 14 is an all in one solution. If you activate the suite, all componants will be activated. Can you start the other programs? (e.g MediaExpresso)
When I installed Media Suite 14 om 26May17, I registered it and all apps show up in My Cyberlink Products. Most apps work fine, though some don't permit the updates to be installed. I was told by Tech Support that some of the apps in Media Suite were limited versions so some updates do not apply to them.

The status of all apps are listed below. Those not preceeded with an "x" work fine. Those with an "x" that will not accept the latest update, but also work fine.

Status of All Media Suite 14 Products
(those preceded by an "x" have problem)

InstantBurn 5
InstantBurn Config Tool
InstantBurn Erase Tool
LabelPrint 2.5.0.5415, LPT130322-02, updated to latest build 5415
Media Suite 14, MES160526-03, also called PowerStarter 14.0
MediaEspresso 7.5.8617_61825, MEX170217-02, updated to latest build 8617
MediaEspresso 7.5 Gadget
MediaShow 6.0.8822, MES160526-03
xPower2Go 10.0.3016a.0, MES160526-03, build 2522 won't install
PowerBackup 2.60.0619, PBK140702-01, updated to latest build 0619
xPowerDirector 14.0.3022.0 x64, MES160526-03, build 2820 won't install
PhotoDirector 7.0.7504.0 x64, PTD160122-05, updated to build 7504
PowerDVD 16.0.2406.60, MES160526-03,updated to build 2406
PowerDVDCopy 1.5.0.3725a, MES160526-03
PowerProducer 6.0.3406.0, MES160526-03, updated to latest build 3406c
xScreen Recorder, not available in the Media Suite
WaveEditor 2.0.0.5620, MES160526-03
Desktop Burning Gadget, subapp of Power2Go
ISO Viewer, subapp of Power2Go
Virtual Drive, subapp of Power2Go
--------

The PowerDVD16 side-by-side configuration error problem is solved. I first copied the two files below from C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\PowerDVD16\MediaEspresso to C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\PowerDVD16.
1. kanten.rex
2. Kanten.X.manifest

Although I could not install the build 2406 update before copying the files because the update could not see the program, once I copied the two files above, build 2406 did install and PowerDVD16 works fine.

Problem solved!
Yesterday I noticed there was an update to YouCam7 in the About window and proceeded to download and install it. As the file, http://update.cyberlink.com/Retail/Patch/YouCam/DL/TR161214-017/CyberLink_YouCam_Downloader.exe , was completing download, my virus program, Bitdefender Internet Security 2017 halted the download and notified me that it contained the Trojan Generic21399218 virus.

Hopefully, the Cyberlink Tech Support team will take the update offline and check the problem out. Bitdefender does not permit me to complete the download in a quaranteened folder and to try to remove the virus.

If you installed the update you should do a full scan of your computer with your virus protection software + latest malware update file. Then leave the results and the program used in this thread.

If you are considering the update, download it first without installing, then run a scan of the downloaded file with your virus protection software + latest malware update file. Then leave the results and the program used in this thread.

A search indicated I have a Kanten.X files MediaExpresso7.5, MediaShow6, //PowerDVD16/MediaExpresso and YouCam7 folders. Do other PowerDVD users have the file in the mail Program Files (x86)\PowerDVD folder?

photo PowerDVD16-Kanten.X File.jpg
Quote Activation context generation failed for "C:\Program Files
(x86)\CyberLink\PowerDVD17\PowerDVD.exe.Manifest". Dependent Assembly
Kanten.X,type="win32",version="1.0.0.0" could not be found. Please use
sxstrace.exe for detailed diaqnoisis.
Did you get PowerDVD17 working yet? I have the same error with PowerDVD16 and Windows 10 Anniversary and Windows 10 Creator.

In the http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/preList/51926/272109.page thread these guys have the problem too:

George_34, DVD16 Creator
Bogdan_D, DVD16 Creator
jdfrench3, DVD16 Creator
Quote I have installed the Windows 10 Creator's Update and PowerDVD 16 was affected (failed at startup). I removed PowerDVD 16 and the startup problems disappeared. I then reinstalled PowerDVD 16 and latest update. PowerDVD will not start at all (even running it as Administrator). Windows compatability troubleshooter made no difference.

When will CyberLink fix this compatability issue?
I have the same problem with the initial install of PowerDVD 16 as part of Media Suite 14. PowerDVD16 simply won't open. I installed it when I under Windows 10 Anniversary update, but have the same problem with Windows 10 Creator 1703.

The Event Log error reads:

Activation context generation failed for "C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\PowerDVD16\PowerDVD.exe.Manifest". Dependent Assembly Kanten.X,type="win32",version="1.0.0.0" could not be found.
PowerDVD16 was installed as part of Media Suite 14 on my Widnows 10 laptop. However, when I try to open it nothig happens.

The event log says:

Activation context generation failed for "C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\PowerDVD16\owerDVD.exe.Manifest". Dependent Assembly Kanten.X,type="win32",version="1.0.0.0" could not be found.

-----

Where should Kanten.X,type="win32",version="1.0.0.0" reside? Would someone with PowerDVD see if they have it in the Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\PowerDVD16 Folder or do a search for it elsewhere?
Quote Youcam wont work with the new version of Skype that was updated yesterday, it is finding my camera, but not youcam, is there a way around this.

I am on Windows 10
Are you using the Classic version of Skype or the version that is integrated with Windows 10? What precise version of Skype are you using? Having asked that, I do not have a video setting for YouCam in Skype Windows 10 either. http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/52174.page has images of my choices and drivers.
Is Youcam 7 Deluxe 64 or 32 Bit software?
Go to: