Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
VIRUS ALERT! YouCam7.0.2316b Patch Contains Trojan Generic21399218
[Post New]
Yesterday I noticed there was an update to YouCam7 in the About window and proceeded to download and install it. As the file, http://update.cyberlink.com/Retail/Patch/YouCam/DL/TR161214-017/CyberLink_YouCam_Downloader.exe , was completing download, my virus program, Bitdefender Internet Security 2017 halted the download and notified me that it contained the Trojan Generic21399218 virus.

Hopefully, the Cyberlink Tech Support team will take the update offline and check the problem out. Bitdefender does not permit me to complete the download in a quaranteened folder and to try to remove the virus.

If you installed the update you should do a full scan of your computer with your virus protection software + latest malware update file. Then leave the results and the program used in this thread.

If you are considering the update, download it first without installing, then run a scan of the downloaded file with your virus protection software + latest malware update file. Then leave the results and the program used in this thread.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Jun 08. 2017 18:46

MediaSuite14 Ultra, Youcam7, Windows10 Creator x64
Jets2011
Senior Contributor Location: Canada Joined: Sep 29, 2006 05:26 Messages: 760 Offline
[Post New]
Hello,

I downloaded the file and scanned it with Windows Defender (latest updates applied) and my anti virus program Symantec, and did not get any alerts.

Most likely you're getting a false positive, especially since the YouCam update is over 6 months old (2016-12-18 release date). Others would have reported this by now if it had a trojan.

Dave