Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PowerDVD 16 and Power2Go 10 don't run after Windows 10 Creators Update
dporter22 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 12, 2017 15:48 Messages: 6 Offline
[Post New]
Neither program runs after installing Creators Update. Both worked fine before. Reinstalled and they still don't run.

Error message:

C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\MSVCR110.dll is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error. Error status 0xc000012f.
stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
Did it show up in your downloads or did you go out to Microsoft and download it?

This might help (link).

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at May 12. 2017 16:46

BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
Anything I post unless stated with a reference is my personal opinion.
dporter22 [Avatar]
[Post New]
It showed up as a regular update. I delayed the update for a couple of weeks because Windows updates always end up making things worse, and sure enough it broke PowerDVD.

The .dll in the error message is several years old, so there should be no reason that PowerDVD would work before the update and not now if it's using the same .dll.
dporter22 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Nobody else is having this problem? I've been in contact with Cyberlink support and they just said to uninstall/reinstall which did nothing.

Can anyone help?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at May 17. 2017 10:38

stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
Download the free trial of Revo Uninstaller Pro andf use it to uninstall the Cyberlink programs and then reinstall. Use ONLY THE MODERATE MODE. Accept to remove everything it finds in the MODERATE Mode.

Beboot, reinstall and reboot. Does it work now?

Poist the dxdiag.exe evaluation of your computer. The text file and not tyhe line by line.

What are you using the two programs for? I'm assuming that they worked properly before?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at May 17. 2017 10:46

BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
dporter22 [Avatar]
[Post New]
That made it worse. Now PowerDVD won't even install and I can't download the installer anymore.

"The extraction of the Data6.7z installation file was unsuccessful. The installation will now abort"

I use PowerDVD to play Blu Ray discs and Power2Go for creating data discs, ripping CDs, etc. Yes, they both worked perfectly fine before.
 Filename
DxDiag.txt
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
68 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
628 time(s)
 Filename
DxDiag2.txt
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
70 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
439 time(s)

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at May 17. 2017 11:05

stevek
[Post New]
Your dxdiag.exe files are puzzling. If you look toward the end of the files, there is a section for error reporting. One indicates that you have had some blue screens. Is that true and why didn't you mention them? There are also errors for nVida and for Corsair programs. Neither of which are essential to Windows 10.

Did you have any issues when you tried to instyall Windows 10 updates? You might want to uninstall the updates and see if the cyberlink programs work then. It would then be up to you to install the updates ot not.

The Winodws updates didn;t seem to effect my computer and Cyberlink's software -- I don;t you don;t want to hear that. Sorry.

You should contact Cyberlink's Tech support. I'm not sure if you will get more detailed help here. .
dporter22 [Avatar]
[Post New]
There was a blue screen for an unrelated error, and all nVidia and Corsair software is working fine both before and after the Creators Update.

All other Windows updates are current.

PowerDVD and Power2Go are the only items that don't work after the update, and both worked fine before. After uninstalling PowerDVD with Revo Unistaller with moderate settings I can no longer install PowerDVD.

Tech support has been no help.
stevek
[Post New]
Did you try uninstalling the Windows 10 update and then trying the install of the Cyberlink programs?

How was Cyberlink Tech support not helpful? What did they suggest? What happened? .
dporter22 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Haven't uninstalled the Windows update. Don't think that would work anyway though since it would just break PowerDVD again the next time I updated.

Tech support just said to uninstall/reinstall.
stevek
[Post New]
Quote Haven't uninstalled the Windows update. Don't think that would work anyway though since it would just break PowerDVD again the next time I updated.

Tech support just said to uninstall/reinstall.

But what if your update didn't install properly and that is what screwed up those programs. Do you have other video editing or burning programs that still work?

One last question - are you using a registry cleaner? Bad idea if so. That could delete needed .dll that are needed. .
[Post New]
Quote Neither program runs after installing Creators Update. Both worked fine before. Reinstalled and they still don't run.

Error message:

C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\MSVCR110.dll is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error. Error status 0xc000012f.

I also had some problems with the installation, but it turned out to be due to Windows updates in the Microsoft C++ Redistributable files with the update and dll files. A reinstall of the original or latest update solved it EXCEPT where the error was a side by side Kanten.X file error. The error was:

"Activation context generation failed for "C:\Program Files
(x86)\CyberLink\PowerDVD16\PowerDVD.exe.Manifest". Dependent Assembly
Kanten.X,type="win32",version="1.0.0.0" could not be found."

When you have a problem, go to Cortana and type "Event Viewer" to get the datail of a problem such as the above. Open Even Viewer, Select Custom Views>Administrative Events, then look for Error under the First column (Level) at the apprximate time the problem occured.

In either case I solved it and explained how at http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/0/62579.page#285098
MediaSuite14 Ultra, Youcam7, Windows10 Creator x64