Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Hmmm. Looks like there are profiles in the Ultra version that are not in my Deluxe version. Thanks to Robert and Kevin anyway for the tip. If there were some way for the end user to modify/create profiles in the MPEG-4 section like there is for the H.264 section, I could build what I need.

Thanks again for your suggestions. Perhaps profile customization will be built into all output options in a future version of PD.

Robert,

What do you select in PD8 after selecting the Portablle MPEG-4 button. All I have for choices is PSP and iPod/iPhone, and none of these create a .3G2 file at the resolution you mentioned.

Like you say, this is a work-around rather than a solution, but I'm willing to give it a try.

Thanks!
With PD8 [2508] one can create an M2TS file with hardware rendering (CUDA), then run it thru MediaShowEspresso to convert it to an MP4 file using hardware rendering (CUDA). This will create an MP4 video file with the least amount of rendering time. The end user is allowed to create/edit their own rendering profile within PD8 via the "Create a new profile" function of PD8 on the H.264/AVC page.

Is there a way to get PD8 to hardware render (CUDA) an MP4 file directly, without having the extra step of conversion (with subsequent impact on quality)? Also would like to retain ability to create/modify own rendering profiles within PD8 directly (not using 3d party products).

If there is not way to create an MP4 hardware rendered file within PD directly (not using MSE for conversion), please consider this a request for future enhancement.

Thanks!
Yes, I've copied the YouTube HD profile and named it for a WMV file profile, creating the video, and manually uploading it. Nice to be able to do it all in one step however and walk away for a while, and not sure all PD users are technically savvy to play with profiles. I was amused at one response recently were users were given about a half dozen links to check out so they could "patch" PD to meet their expectations. Now let me get this straight -- you buy a product, then to use it you have to create and know about forums, then create you own solution after hours of labor. Give me a break.
SEE...
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/0/8966.page#38348
I would call Cyberlink about this problem, but it would cost me $30 to do so (no free telephone support).

I have opened an online trouble ticket with the following text:

"Nobody is able to use the YouTube production facility of PowerDirector. Apparently the Cyberlink to YouTube portal is broken. The following message occurs when click on the Produce > YouTube buttons.
http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/xX-4iuGi99LAwggYT49IFg?feat=directlink

This is not a software level issue. Everybody is having the same problem. See postings on the PowerDirector Forum for evidence.

THIS IS A PRIORITY-1 PROBLEM!

It started sometime during the night of November 23."

==AND HAVE RECEIVED THE FOLLOWING FEEDBACK==

Customer Services Your inquiry has been received.
* Note: To ensure you receive notification emails, please add service@cyberlink.com.tw to the Safe List in your email software
** Note: The time it will take to process your inquiry is dependent on the type of question, thus it may take a few days.

==THE TROUBLE TICKET NUMBER IS==
CS000769475
This not a software leve issue. It's a Cyberlink<->YouTube portal issue.
There's nothing any user can do about it. Technical Support needs to fix it.
THIS IS OUTRAGEOUS!!!!

WHO'S CAGE DO WE NEED TO RATTLE!!!!

unable to attach an image file to this posting after multiple attempts

see image here:
http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/xX-4iuGi99LAwggYT49IFg?feat=directlink
YouTube settings determined by experimentation are in this posting:
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/8933.page

However I've since discovered that creating a WMV file using the stock setting of "Windows Media Video 9 DVD Quality (1600Kbps)" will result in an HQ video being created on YouTube. This is what I'm using as circumvention to the YouTube server connect problem until Cyberlink fixes direct YouTube uploading (create a standalone WMV file, then upload manually via YouTube/browser).
To clarify, you can mouse drag select multiple objects in the media window, but not in the timeline. Of the half dozen other video editors I've used, you can drag select multiple objects in the timeline. This is a Windows standard (actually a Mac standard to begin with).
For some reason I'm all of a sudden getting the following message when I click the Produce - YouTube button.

" CyberLink PowerDirector could not connect to the YouTube server. Check your Internet connection and then try again."

I can connect and log into my youtube account just fine with a browser.

Rebooting the computer does not help.

Clicking OK on the message makes the YouTube parameters screen disappear (goes to File), so no way to change login for YouTube to try another account.

No changes to system or PD since dozens of uploads last night.

Circumvention: creat a WMV file and upload manually.

I spend more time trying to get PD to work, that using it.
:o(
Here's a program that proves that CUDA technology CAN be used to create WMV files. When rendering WMV actually shows what percentage is being done by CPU and what by GPU. This is the best conversion program I've found. Been playing around with it all morning. Complete control over the process. Does a great job of removing M2TS interlace problems when set to remove interlace always on. Now why can't Cyberlink build this into their rendering process/screens.

http://tmpgenc.pegasys-inc.com/en/product/te4xp.html
Is there a way to mouse drag select objects in PD8? My projects usually have both video and images. When selecting images I'm having to CTRL+click each image. Windows standards is to click and drag a box around objects to select them, but this doesn't seem to work in PowerDirector. What am I overlooking?

Thanks!
Thanks to everbody who responded to this. I still think the end user of a product should not have to "patch" it to get what they need. But after a lot of experimenting I ended up with a WMV profile for YouTube that consistently produces an HQ 16:9 video. I kept creeping up from this:
480x360 | 800 kbps | 30 fps | 96/44khz audio |
until an HQ video was produced by YouTube. This is what it took:
960x540 | 1200 kbps | 30 fps | 128/48khz audio |

File size / upload time is acceptable
Rendering time is acceptable, but would improve if Cyberlink implements Directx 11 rendering.

My Canon ZR930 camera produces 853x480, so the camera to YouTube video quality is a close fit.

-=Roy=-
waaamuseum.org
Tony,

Thanks for the suggestions. I joined SMWOV on a free trial, but it won't let me into the Extras pages. Apparently have to pay. But this is a circumvention anyway. What I would like is for Cyberlink to make PD8 work effectively out of the box, so that patching it and having to learn more than you ever wanted to know is not needed. An HQ choice under YouTube button that really makes an HQ video on YouTube, and does so exploiting hardware acceleration, would satisfy me.

Roy
Are there any plans to upgrade PD8 to exploit the hardware acceleration provided in Directx 11?

After hours and hours of testing trying to get a way to exploit PD8's CUDA support for HQ/HD YouTube videos considering:
+ Rendering speed
+ File size / upload time
+ Resultant YouTube quality (interlace rastoring, text quality, etc)
+ Reccognition by YouTube that it's HQ or HD

By using some combination of the following:
+ PD8
+ MediaShow Espresso
+ Badaboom
+ Wondershare converter
+ MediaCoder x64

With the very latest in video drivers, software updates, directx 11 on a GeForce GTX 250 and Intel dual cpu at 2.66 mhz and 4 gig ram and 64 bit Vista...

I've finally come full circle back to letting PD8 create an "YouTube" HD WMV file (1280x720) and uploading it directly as the best of all worlds.

Problem is, it takes PD8 FOREVER to render this file, as compared to rendering an M2TS/H.264 file (which has major interlace rastoring problems on something like a plaid shirt vs WMV which is "clean". Also the file size is unecessarily big when all I'm after is "HQ" on YouTube from a digital video camera that's around 800x500.

Sure would be great if Cyberlink would exploit Directx 11 for a boost in rendering performance.

BTW: PD8's YouTube "HQ" output (640x360) is not recognized by YouTube as an HQ worthy video.

I've tried all the mods to WMV profiles using Windows Media Profile Editor suggest within this forum, but they don't "take". I see the new and improved profiles in all software EXCEPT PD8, which still has the usual.
Where are you getting these 2207 upgrades? My PD has auto check for updates turned on, it is at level 1930. There are no downloads for PD 8 in the software updates pages.
One of the things I found very useful in Pinnacle Studio 12 was the "rendering" indicator. A bar above the timeline showed which sections were in the process of rendering. Very useful for determining whether to wait, or how long to wait, before preview.

It is suggested PD have some kind of "rendering" indicator. Currently I'm using my hard drive light for this, but would be better on the screen.

Thanks for considering, Cyberlink.
Thanks for the tip about the profile editor. I would have looked for it in PD.

Apparently DirectX 11 will exploit the graphics card for WMV encoding (ala CUDA), but it's not available yet.

Later...
I just ran a test project that is a slideshow created with PD8 and about 15 pictures ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8RHb-n41q88 ) and let PD create a video using the YouTube HD profile (1280x780), and let PD upload it. Worked fine and the results look great (see the link).

Now if PD8 would just use CUDA (graphics card rendering) using the powerful Nvidia card I specifically purchased just to use with PD8, I would be a happy camper!

>>"By the way Dafydd's video on making your own setting is pure gold."

Can someone provide a link to this video?

I've created my own profiles, but can't find a way to create what I'm looking for. Perhaps this video will help me.

I've looked at most of the postings by Dafydd but dont' find a pointer to this video.

Thanks!
Go to: