Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Can't connect to the YouTube server
PDuser97031 [Avatar]
Member Joined: Aug 08, 2009 23:44 Messages: 91 Offline
[Post New]
For some reason I'm all of a sudden getting the following message when I click the Produce - YouTube button.

" CyberLink PowerDirector could not connect to the YouTube server. Check your Internet connection and then try again."

I can connect and log into my youtube account just fine with a browser.

Rebooting the computer does not help.

Clicking OK on the message makes the YouTube parameters screen disappear (goes to File), so no way to change login for YouTube to try another account.

No changes to system or PD since dozens of uploads last night.

Circumvention: creat a WMV file and upload manually.

I spend more time trying to get PD to work, that using it.
:o(

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Nov 27. 2009 07:52

OnTheWeb1
Contributor Location: Michigan USA Joined: Jan 02, 2009 12:58 Messages: 511 Offline
[Post New]
No doubt this is a cyberlink issue. I demonstrated a long time ago that cyberlink has a special upload port to youtube... however, its currently not working.

Someone needs to pay the bill

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Nov 24. 2009 16:32

Win8 64-bit Pro Retail
Intel i7-4770
16GB DDR3 1600 8-8-8-24
MSI Z87-G45 Motherboard
ASUS GTX 660 Direct CU II OC 2GB GPU
1 TB RAID 1 (mirrored) Drive Array
Several scratch drives for video, TMP, pagefile.
MIKAEL [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 24, 2009 16:46 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]

I have exactly the same problem

I just upgraded to PD 8 Ultra and the Youtube connectivity was one of the features I was looking for.
MIKAEL [Avatar]
[Post New]
They say that when having this issue you should update using the latest patch which currently updates to build 2220. Unfortunately it doesn't resolve the problem Mine was 2220 from the beginning but I tried the patch anyway (no error messages) but nothing changed.

"2009-10-29
Updates: This update file updates PowerDirector 8 to PowerDirector 8 build 2220. For PowerDirector retail and online purchase versions only."

Let's hope they release another patch soon. Is Cyberlink staff reading this forum or is it just us?

Edit: I've opened a support ticket

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Nov 25. 2009 07:19

GEAtkins [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 15, 2009 15:38 Messages: 25 Offline
[Post New]
waiting on a solution to this problem too.

Glenn
Barry [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 25, 2009 11:34 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: waiting on a solution to this problem too.

Glenn

Me too!
Brian [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 18, 2009 04:13 Messages: 6 Offline
[Post New]
Ditto!
DeWayne [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 25, 2009 16:03 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]

Hey guys!

I got the same YouTube error.

I have a bunch of videos I need to get up! I'm glad I decided to check out the forum, because I was going to upgrade, because in the FAQ it said upgrading would help solve the issue.

PDuser97031 [Avatar]
[Post New]
This not a software leve issue. It's a Cyberlink<->YouTube portal issue.
There's nothing any user can do about it. Technical Support needs to fix it.
Barry [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 25, 2009 11:34 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: This not a software leve issue. It's a Cyberlink<->YouTube portal issue.
There's nothing any user can do about it. Technical Support needs to fix it.

Well,lets hope they are checking the forum.
DeWayne [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 25, 2009 16:03 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
Hey Roy,

I emailed them a trouble ticket as well. I hope they resolve this in a quick manner.
Cap'n Kevin
Senior Contributor Location: Chebeague Island, Maine Joined: Dec 26, 2008 20:22 Messages: 2011 Offline
[Post New]
If I am not mistaken, you could produce your video in a YouTube compatible format with Power Director and then upload it manually through YouTube...just upload it to your account until the issue is resolved.

I understand that if you are entering a video in the CHALLENGE ME CONTEST that would be an issue since it needs to be uploaded THROUGH PD in order to be entered.

EDIT: Personally I think this answer only desrves a ONE STAR RATING!!!

Kevin

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Nov 25. 2009 21:01

Check out PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials and more! Over 5,000 Subscribers.
PDuser97031 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Yes, I've copied the YouTube HD profile and named it for a WMV file profile, creating the video, and manually uploading it. Nice to be able to do it all in one step however and walk away for a while, and not sure all PD users are technically savvy to play with profiles. I was amused at one response recently were users were given about a half dozen links to check out so they could "patch" PD to meet their expectations. Now let me get this straight -- you buy a product, then to use it you have to create and know about forums, then create you own solution after hours of labor. Give me a break.
Cap'n Kevin
Senior Contributor Location: Chebeague Island, Maine Joined: Dec 26, 2008 20:22 Messages: 2011 Offline
[Post New]
Roy,

I have had this product for over a year and have yet, not had any REAL ISSUES to speak of. None that I have lost a bit of sleep over or even gotten mildly upset about. I am not the least bit tehnically savvy and I was able to upload a video to YouTube long before I was introduced to Power Director. And BECAUSE OF THIS FORUM I now have the ability to create my own profiles which I use to upload material to YouTube

I found this forum not because of a PROBLEM, but because I was INTERESTED in LEARNING MORE. From my experience....a forum....typically DOES tend to CONCENTRATE on issues and concerns from users. I have not seen many forums where there was an abundance of "I LOVE THIS" or "I CAN CREATE A DVD WITH NO PROBLEMS" :THIS WORKS GREAT ON MY 486 COMPUTER WITH BUILT IN GRAPHIC CARD". GET MY POINT?

The issue of not being able to upload to YouTube is a very recent occurance and I am confident that it will be resolved to my satisfaction.

GIVE "ME" A BREAK!!

Kevin

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Nov 25. 2009 19:47

LINDA [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 25, 2009 09:04 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Well I spent the $29.95..........they had no idea... then they came back on the phone and said it wasn't the software or my computer it's their server and he said to keep trying and it will eventually be fixed.
Cap'n Kevin
[Post New]
It is my understanding from reading the various posts regarding this subject...that the issue is with the CYBERLINK server and it seems that they are now aware of it. So It would be my pressumption that it is going to be corrected.

Hopefully in time for me to submit my stunning entry into the CHALLENGE ME CONTEST!!

PRE EDIT: I think my answer to this post also deserves a ONE STAR RATING!!!

Kevin

Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/8984.page#38466

At the moment I don't have any further information.

Dafydd
[Moderator]
MIKAEL [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/8984.page#38466

At the moment I don't have any further information.

Dafydd
[Moderator]

If this forum is not to consider as support - why is it then found under "support" when navigating from the start page?

Also, this forum is helping users in troubleshooting. If I wouldn't have found other users with the same issue here I would still be troubleshooting my machine - because Cyberlink surely haven't responded yet except for the confirmation that my support ticket was opened. A "we are aware of the problem and are working a solution" would be enough and I would have closed the ticket.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Nov 26. 2009 12:38

vn800rider
Senior Contributor Location: Darwen, UK Joined: May 15, 2008 04:32 Messages: 1949 Offline
[Post New]
Mikael,

I think we all appreciate how irritating it is when things don't work out right.

The forum is support for members, by members :-

"This is a forum for CyberLink members to discuss and share their users' experience. CyberLink customer support will not reply in the forum regarding the technical issues. Topics or replies with attacking or illegal messages will be deleted by the forum management directly." (Header on forum start page)

Only Dafydd, as Moderator, has a link to CL and he uses that on behalf of members in certain circumstances ie the current youtube issue.

The rest of the time its just ordinary users passing on their experiences and knowledge voluntarily to help others.

So it is support - but not Technical Support.

Cheers
Adrian

Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated. (see below)
Confucius
AMD Phenom IIX6 1055T, win10, 5 internal drives, 7 usb drives, struggling power supply.
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Mikael,
As stated, Technical Support is officially provided via this link: http://www.cyberlink.com/prog/support/cs/index.do

I, like many others here answer points raised but we remain just PowerDirector users giving answers.

Dafydd
[Moderator]

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Nov 26. 2009 15:21