Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Installed 2207 and forgot to reset preview Quality..read to bottom!
[Post New]
I have had little of the problems others have discussed here (other than the pausing between transitions during preview). Even in that case, production went fine.

NOTE: I created a couple of new WMV profiles for AVCHD to allow greater resolution than the defaults

I installed the 2013 build about a month and a half ago and things were still all fine.

NOTE: 2013 build removed some of the default AVCHD profiles for WMV and I had to get dafydd to send me an appropriate one for 720 x 406.

Today, I installed the 2207 build and IMMEDIATELY, my preview of items in the timeline DEGRADED. The image attached is the difference between previewing a clip from the library, and previewing the SAME clip once it is placed on the timeline. Playing appears shakey and unclear. This STARTED as soon as I installed 2207.

So, I said.."Forget this, I liked 2013 well enough and it previewed MUCH better.
1. Uninstalled (with Windows Uninstaller Utility) the program, and Smartsound and Quicklinks.
2. DELETED programfiles/cyberlink/powerdirector folder
3. Manually cleaned up the registry deleting all cyberlink keys.
4. Install 2013 build
5. preview is stilled messed up when previewing items in timeline.

Based on this, I have to assume that a dll or something was changed by 2207 that uninstalling does not remove!! This degraded preview of timeline only started with the 2207 installation. ****....sorry I mean DARN! Now I am not sure if my timeline preview will ever work again.

Yes, I am placing this into a ticket to CYBERLINK Support, but thought I should share this here, for all of you drooling over a possible fix in 2207..Be careful!

P.S. - the produced video looks fine..this is only in the PREVIEW of timeline items.
[Thumb - previewbroken.jpg]
 Filename
previewbroken.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
79 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
223 time(s)

This message was edited 5 times. Last update was at Oct 19. 2009 19:23

Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Gee Fred, I've just this second sent you an email.

Dafydd
[Moderator]
[Post New]
Yep...this is an update as I installed 2207 this morning!! (before the email). Now I wish I hadn't. Never had this preview degradation before!

Thanks man!

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Oct 19. 2009 15:17

Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
When did I send you those profiles Fred - I'm trying to locate them?
[Post New]
September 7..sending you a copy..now
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Found them.

Thanks Fred.
Dafydd
[Post New]
OK..MY BAD!!! All that complaining and I have to take it back!! The problem was the setting Under the SCREEN SNAPSHOT button, that sets the video preview quality to HIGH!

Not the most intuitive placement for this option, but I have no one but myself to blame for not finding it earlier. Setting this option to "HIGH Preview Resolution" corrected the degraded quality on the previews.

Maybe this should be considered a RANT and removed!! I would if I could!!!
[Thumb - highres_preview.jpg]
 Filename
highres_preview.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
Here is where I found the setting
 Filesize
45 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
209 time(s)

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Oct 19. 2009 19:25

ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Good for you Fred - you sorted it out

Isn't it funny how we can get so buried in whatever it is, we can miss the most obvious thing. That's the kind of thing I would have done

Glad it's good for you (now).

Cheers - Tony

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 20. 2009 01:45

Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
[Post New]
Yes..good except that now I am only getting the Deluxe version instead of ULTRA.. so I can't output AVCHD to SD Cards or BD or slideshows.

Once I get this worked out, I am Golden!!

[Thumb - NOTultra.jpg]
 Filename
NOTultra.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
63 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
200 time(s)

This message was edited 6 times. Last update was at Oct 20. 2009 00:57

Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi Fred,
Please check your invoice and send me a copy of the email - I'll check the issue out with CL. The Deluxe and Ultra versions are activation key decided.

Dafydd
[Moderator]

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 20. 2009 07:05

[Post New]
Ok, all fixed..

a) Uninstall Powerdirector8

b) Remove C:\Program Files\CyberLink\PowerDirector folder

c) Remove C:\Program Files\InstallShield Installation Information\{CB099890-1D5F-11D5-9EA9-0050BAE317E1} folder

d) Run regedit (Start --> Search -> Run --> type "regedit")

(1) Remove HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\CyberLink\PowerDirector

(2) Remove HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\{CB099890-1D5F-11D5-9EA9-0050BAE317E1}

(3) Remove HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\InstallShield Uninstall Information\{CB099890-1D5F-11D5-9EA9-0050BAE317E1}

(4) Remove HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\InstallShield_{CB099890-1D5F-11D5-9EA9-0050BAE317E1}

e) Reboot and Re-install

f) Stop to re-hydrate, wipe sweat and get food for energy (OK, THIS STEP IS MADE UP!!)

g) Restart program and enter Registration key..all is OK and ULTRA!!!

This message was edited 7 times. Last update was at Oct 20. 2009 21:45

PDuser97031 [Avatar]
Member Joined: Aug 08, 2009 23:44 Messages: 91 Offline
[Post New]
Where are you getting these 2207 upgrades? My PD has auto check for updates turned on, it is at level 1930. There are no downloads for PD 8 in the software updates pages.